Wordcraft Community Home Page
Limerick Poll: Blighty

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/1450032156

July 02, 2012, 21:53
BobHale
Limerick Poll: Blighty
Only five entries but I need to wrap this quickly before I go home.<BR><BR><BR>1.<BR><BR>A well-endowed fellow in Blighty<BR>Seduced a girl known to be flighty.<BR>As they undressed for bed<BR>She dismissively said, <BR>"I've seen bigger than your...God Almighty!"<BR><BR>2.<BR><BR>There was once an august empire mighty.<BR>Far-flung Brits liked to call 'er Ole Blighty.<BR>Etymologies borin'<BR>say it's Hindi for 'foreign'--<BR>but it might have meant 'hey go home whitey'.<BR><BR>3.<BR><BR>I once met a lady from Blighty,<BR>A beauty like Greek's Aphrodite.<BR>We went for a beer<BR>And that sweet little dear<BR>Said, "Bedtime?" And I said, "Alrighty!"<BR><BR>4<BR><BR>An old bachelor living in Blighty<BR>Fell in love with a woman first sight. She<BR>Had arms like a wing<BR>And strong legs that could spring<BR>To propel her aloft, much too flighty.<BR><BR>5.<BR><BR>The priest told a young girl from Blighty<BR>"All kids come from Lord God Almighty".<BR>But she found that was wrong<BR>Just nine months along<BR>From the time he got into her nightie.Choose your favourite.12345

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
July 07, 2012, 20:17
Kalleh
I don't think we need tons to make this game work. Thanks, Bob!
July 07, 2012, 20:36
BobHale
3 way tie at the moment. I have to cast my vote tomorrow because I'm leaving on Tuesday morning

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
July 09, 2012, 20:22
Kalleh
It looks like #5 won.
July 15, 2012, 18:35
bethree5
Yes, #5 is surely it. Perhaps while we wait for Bob to return to Blighty & set us up, we can entertain ourselves?

I like the idea of a place-name which is utterly un-rhymable, which forces one to do silly rhymes. The one which has been keeping me up nights: Nazareth.
July 15, 2012, 19:32
Kalleh
I am bummed. I thought mine had a chance this time.
July 16, 2012, 19:49
Kalleh
Whoever won, why don't you start a new limerick game? Bob is on vacation and may not be back for awhile.
July 16, 2012, 19:50
Kalleh
PS Mine was number 3, and at least I got two votes. I suspect that Bob broke the tie and voted for number 5.
July 16, 2012, 21:50
bethree5
I just knew that was yours, Kalleh! (Mine was the politically-incorrect #2).

#5, come out & announce our new spot!
July 17, 2012, 06:09
<Proofreader>
I was #4.
July 17, 2012, 19:13
Kalleh
Bethree, I thought by being a man in the limerick, I might have confused people. Next time I'll be a woman and really confuse everyone! Wink
July 18, 2012, 08:21
Richard English
I have to confess my responsibility for numbers 1 and 5. I only wrote 5 when it was becoming clear that there was a paucity of entries.

In fact, I actually preferred my number 1.

Richard English
July 18, 2012, 20:03
Kalleh
Well, at least I beat your number 1! Wink

It's your turn for a venue, then!
July 18, 2012, 22:16
Richard English
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
Well, at least I beat your number 1! Wink

It's your turn for a venue, then!

I can't remember now, but I think I voted for yours. I know I didn't vote for my own.

So, another destination, Eh? I'll choose another local one - Dial Post.

Richard English