Wordcraft Community Home Page
Limericks: West Bromwich Voting

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/1560070186

December 24, 2015, 02:42
BobHale
Limericks: West Bromwich Voting
I was surprised at how much trouble this has given people. Anyway, here are the contenders.<BR><BR>1.<BR>I once knew a boor from West Bromwich<BR>Whose manners would make a guest vomitch<BR>He'd drool and he'd smack<BR>His choppers-- click-clack--<BR>While eating a chicken-breast sahmitch <BR><BR>2.<BR>Tom Peeping, a lad from West Brom,<BR>Was shunned by young women, lest Tom<BR>Had been named not in jest<BR>And had seen them undressed--<BR>Thus solo he went to West's prom <BR><BR>3<BR>I took a young gal to the prom, which<BR>Was way down the road in West Bromwich - <BR>In the Black country where<BR>Their speech is a scare,<BR>And her hand holding made my right palm itch! <BR><BR>4<BR>After I dined in West Bromwich<BR>I felt quite a pain in my stomich<BR>Then came an eruction<BR>And then a deduction:<BR>I felt that I'd really best vomich. <BR><BR>5<BR>There's a short-order cook in West Bromwich<BR>Whose ingredients bought him much homwich<BR>And he baked his own bread<BR>For without it, he said,<BR>Why, you simply can't make a good Somwich <BR><BR>6<BR>A lecturer once in West Bromwich<BR>Was the cleric, the great Ivan Ilich.<BR>Despite being defrocked<BR>His mouth was not socked -<BR>Spoke his mind from New York to Greenwich.Which is your favourite? Vote now.123456

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
December 24, 2015, 04:00
haberdasher
They're small. I'll take two.
December 24, 2015, 07:29
Geoff
I did the same
December 25, 2015, 20:47
Kalleh
I'm not surprised, Bob.
December 29, 2015, 20:29
Kalleh
How's about a few more votes? It seems that people are enjoying the holidays on Wordcraft, though my Facebook has been very active. It is interesting comparing the two.
January 10, 2016, 20:05
Kalleh
Four measly votes? Can we have a few more, pretty please?
January 13, 2016, 06:02
Geoff
Sorry, the poll won't let me vote twice.
January 13, 2016, 20:26
BobHale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WAwuSK36Gw

January 14, 2016, 20:42
Kalleh
Hmmm, interesting, but am I missing something?
January 14, 2016, 21:37
BobHale
Just saying how quiet it is around here lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIIuR-HjFho

January 15, 2016, 20:36
Kalleh
Ah - yes, it has been. Unfortunately I haven't been helpful either. It seems that something always has come up recently - just after I sent out that PM to our members. Any other thoughts on what I can do?
January 17, 2016, 08:22
Greg S
Happy new year - fellow limericists (the spell check doesn't think it's a word, and even if it isn't, perhaps it should be)!

I am logging in to Wordcraft for the 1st time in 2016, and just cast a vote, but I see it didn't help much by forcing a tie in the game. Well done to all of you who had a crack, I couldn't come up with anything worth sharing.

Regards Greg
January 18, 2016, 20:54
Kalleh
Bob, it's up to you.
January 21, 2016, 19:54
Kalleh
Ahem, Bob. Your choice. If you don't select one we won't be able to do the next game until you are back from Singapore. Frown
January 21, 2016, 20:03
BobHale
Here are the names of the contributers

1 bethree5
2 bethree5
3 Kalleh
4 Geoff
5 haberdasher
6 Geoff

and it is currently between 2 and 3. In a free vote I'd've gone for number 4 but as that won't help matters here I'll say 3. Over to you Kalleh.

January 24, 2016, 21:00
Kalleh
Ah...thanks so much, Bob! I'm off to a conference tomorrow so I'll post something tonight.