Wordcraft Community Home Page
MADAGASCAR POLL

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/1680026876

July 08, 2015, 14:06
bethree5
MADAGASCAR POLL
1.A lassie in love with a Lascar<BR>Found his body akin to a mass scar<BR>She had seen every cut<BR>But the one on his butt<BR>Which looked like, so he claimed, Madagascar<BR><BR>2.Hery Rajaon... rules Madagascar;<BR>He's the Pres and is clearly the mass star.<BR>He emerged from a coup<BR>(There were lots in the queue!)<BR>Let's hope that he's not the next ass star!<BR><BR>3. THE ALCOHOLIC TOURIST<BR>On a toot down in old Madagascar<BR>Left my pants and my shorts at the last bar<BR>Threw my hat up a baobob<BR>Gave my shirt to an Ihosy yob<BR>Nude & drunk, just like last year at NASCAR<BR><BR>4.In an opium den sat a <a href="https://mcmurdoscamp.wordpress.../the-rascally-lascar" target="_blank">lascar</a> <BR>In a bad part of old Madagascar<BR>Ah! A maid dressed in blue!<BR>When I said, Will she screw?<BR>He said back, I don't know, just go ask 'er.<BR><BR><BR>5.In the deepest of dark Madagascar<BR>Lurks the fearsomest beast, Snallygaster,<BR>Who with fang and with claw<BR>Stuffs prey into his maw,<BR>So beware, lest you meet with disaster!<BR><BR>6.On a field trip in deep Madagascar<BR>Carried specimens found in a glass jar<BR>For a butterfly and a bee<BR>Marinated in my pee<BR>Got a 'D' -- not exactly the class starPlease vote for your favoriteonetwothreefourfivesix
July 10, 2015, 20:40
Kalleh
Wow - we seem to have an overwhelming winner here.
July 14, 2015, 11:02
Geoff
I voted for #7.
July 16, 2015, 21:00
Kalleh
I can't remember anymore which limerick I voted for, but I don't think it was the winner.

Will the real limerick writer please stand up and take a bow?!
July 17, 2015, 04:01
haberdasher
Hmmm. I think the lesson here is that if we take too long, our attention moves on to other things. And other places.

Speaking of moving along - let's try BOLIVIA as our next destination. That sounds as though it has potential... I'd like to try two weeks for submissions, then two weeks for voting.
July 17, 2015, 21:30
Kalleh
Are you taking a bow?
July 18, 2015, 13:31
haberdasher
Only if you insist...but it's small. Maybe I'll take two.
July 18, 2015, 22:18
Kalleh
Smile Whenever I think about "taking a bow," I remember that really old "I Love Lucy" where she takes that deep bow to meet the queen and gets stuck. They have to carry her to the queen. I just love those reruns! I just watched a YouTube of one where Lucy and Ethel were in London, trying to understand a man with an English accent. Finally they said, "We're Americans. We don't understand English!" Big Grin (I am not sure if it's the one with the bow or not.)
July 21, 2015, 06:23
Geoff
I got no votes, but then maybe nobody knows what a snallygaster is. Should I use it in a bluffing game?
July 21, 2015, 21:08
Kalleh
Well, I didn't get any votes this time either. Hab ran away with it, didn't he? Sometimes one limerick just grabs everyone's fancy.
July 22, 2015, 05:41
Geoff
Hab gets to take a bow; do we who got no votes take a stern?
July 22, 2015, 20:46
Kalleh
Well, I think we should get a little hug for trying. Wink
July 23, 2015, 08:51
Tom
I didn't even look at these until yesterday. I thought number 1 was excellent. It was the only one that rhymed perfectly all the way through (to me). But I wish I were as good as any of you guys at this.
July 23, 2015, 18:53
BobHale
Thanks Tom. Limerick #1 was mine and I always like to try for perfect rhymes.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
July 24, 2015, 20:33
Kalleh
Ah, yes. That's the problem here. I like fun rhymes but many want perfect rhymes - which can be hard with all our different accents. Oh well.