Wordcraft Community Home Page
Limerick Poll: Berlin

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/2150082566

August 05, 2013, 14:06
bethree5
Limerick Poll: Berlin
1. I once knew a frau from Berlin,<BR>A beauty with soft, creamy skin.<BR>Her breasts would delight,<BR>Her thighs were a sight,<BR>But her breath caused a kick in the shin!<BR><BR>2. Martha Dodd spent her youth in Berlin<BR>She had vices: among them were gin<BR>And men-- hotsie-totsies,<BR>Cute Bolshies and Nazis;<BR>Hid in Prague 'til old age for her sin<BR><BR>3. Once made love to a girl from Berlin,<BR>Though we both thought it might be a sin.<BR>As iI gave her my shaft,<BR>In the fore and the aft,<BR>"Any time that you're ready, begin."<BR><BR>4. FraĆ¼lein Schweinchen's my gal in Berlin<BR>She has three curly hairs on her chin<BR>When you meet her, have pity--<BR>Do just tell her she's pretty<BR>(though you may if you must, dear sir, grin.)<BR><BR>5. A brazenly bad boy from Berlin<BR>Gradually drew his good girl in,<BR>After regularly failing<BR>He soon had her wailing,<BR>When he probed the place with her pearl in.<BR><BR>6. They claim that old Weimar Berlin<BR>Was rife with peculiar sin<BR>But that generation<BR>Was just veneratin'<BR>Their folks: all the royals were kinPlease vote for your favoriteOneTwoThreeFourFiveSix
August 06, 2013, 20:20
Kalleh
How's about a few more votes people? So far we have a 3-way tie!
August 06, 2013, 20:56
Greg S
I just voted but clearly I didn't help the situation

Regards Greg
August 07, 2013, 19:17
Kalleh
Well, at least we have one limerick (#4) that is in the lead.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalleh,
August 09, 2013, 14:22
Tom
I'm guessing you've gotten all the votes you're going to get....

BTW....it's probably inappropriate for me to make a post off topic, but if you ever wondered how long the standard distance of a "chain" was, you can look it up on OEDILF here at limerick #82350 Big Grin
August 10, 2013, 07:41
bethree5
Any more votes? Non-limerickers? Anybody?
August 12, 2013, 14:23
bethree5
Ok I'll wrap this up shortly.
August 12, 2013, 14:51
bethree5
#1, the sensual yet kicky offering by Kalleh, though well-metred & -rhymed, garnered nur einer vote, a fate shared by most.

#2 tho oh-so-cute shared the same fate (one of mine).

#3 also gained a vote, acknowledging classic bawdy-limned style. We expect no less from Proofreader.

#4 by yours truly won the tie-breaking vote, apparently applying just the right note of random silliness for somebody.

#5 by Greg S, also classically bawdy, would no doubt have scored a vote had the metre in ll. 1-2 parsed better.

#6, an entirely unnecessary third entry by bethree5 succeeded in stealing a vote.

I hereby request that one of our many runners- up assume the mantle as I will be distracted by end-of-vacation packing driving et al in the coming week. Do we have a volunteer for locating, collecting & polling the next round?
August 12, 2013, 21:07
Kalleh
Greg, how's about it? We'd love another Australian city!
August 12, 2013, 22:22
Greg S
But I was the only non-runner-up in the contest - every limerick except mine got a vote and you want me to run the next contest?

Regards Greg
August 13, 2013, 20:41
Kalleh
Well, that's okay. I love your cities! Smile
August 15, 2013, 21:14
Greg S
Well OK then!

Regards Greg
August 15, 2013, 21:31
Greg S
New game up and running

Regards Greg