Wordcraft Community Home Page
Bluffing game: binky

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/2730019676

March 18, 2015, 11:39
<Proofreader>
Bluffing game: binky
I am aware that you all know the primary definition of "binky"

1.(informal, childish) A stuffed animal, blanket, or toy that a small child is more attached to than any other, and often sleeps with.

2.(US, informal, childish) A baby's pacifier. See Pacifier. In the U.S. (Reg. 0334946) and a number of other countries, BINKY is a brand of pacifiers, owned by Playtex Products, Inc.

But there is another less common meaning and it's up to you to provide me with what you believe it is. No checking for the actual definition. I want your most creative notions of what the word could mean. Send me your ideas in a PM.
March 18, 2015, 14:22
<Proofreader>
Hey! There's another game here!
March 19, 2015, 02:33
arnie
I'm no expert on babies but I've never heard of a binky, either as a child's sleeping companion or as a pacifier (what we'd call a dummy). I have heard of a favourite blanket being called a 'blankie', though.

There is one connection in which I have seen the word, and that is as a name so it won't fit the requirements of the game. It is, sadly, rather relevant as it is the name of Death's horse in the late great Terry Pratchett's Discworld books.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
March 22, 2015, 15:29
<Proofreader>
There doesn't seem to be any affection for this particular game, since no one has responded.
March 22, 2015, 17:47
Geoff
The only daffynition I could think of was indecent. Surely you wouldn't want that.
March 29, 2015, 05:36
<Proofreader>
GAME CALLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST
March 30, 2015, 23:55
BobHale
I'm sure I sent you one - did you get it... and if so does that make me the de facto winner?

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.