Wordcraft Community Home Page
Bluffing game word: SNARGE

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/2790016856

December 21, 2012, 21:01
Kalleh
Bluffing game word: SNARGE
This is probably bad timing for a bluffing game word when Proof is having trouble attracting limerickers, but I heard about this great word and want to post if for our Bluffing Game. Maybe you've all heard it before. Who knows. But here it is: Snarge

Go to it! Send me a few daffyinitions since I think many are partying instead of Wordcrafting.

Oh...and Geoff...we know you are out there. Send me a daffy about snarge, please?
December 23, 2012, 20:59
Kalleh
How's about a few snarge daffynitions? Please? Send them to me by PM.
December 24, 2012, 21:07
Kalleh
Well, so far I have a grand total of one daffynition. Get to it, folks! Mad
December 27, 2012, 19:51
Kalleh
Well, I have three now, and with mine it's four. Come on, folks. A few more...P L E A S E!!!
December 29, 2012, 20:36
Kalleh
As with Proof, I'll post the daffys, along with the real definition, on January 1st. So, for Pete's sake get going people!
December 29, 2012, 21:31
BobHale
Already done my duty - both here and at Moline

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
December 30, 2012, 21:20
Kalleh
Yes, Bob, I got them. Any other takers? I'll post them, along with the real one, on Tuesday.
December 31, 2012, 11:59
<Proofreader>
I'll wait till Wednesday for the limerick game so I won't step on this one.
January 01, 2013, 21:00
Kalleh
Well, heck. It's late and I forgot to do this! Go ahead, proof. You post Moline limericks tomorrow, and I'll wait until Thursday for the Bluffing Game.
January 03, 2013, 11:04
Kalleh
Here we go!

1) To lunge forward in a warrior pose, particularly used in pilates.

2) Military slang - Situation Normal, All Readings Green - Engage

3) The remains of a bird after it collides with an airplane.

4) A very big snarl. A portmanteau word formed from snarl and large.

5) A piece of material which could cover a woman's cleavage, if she wished, or was removed for the proper occasion.

6) The catch that holds the boot (trunk) shut on a car.

7) A metal baffle used to deflect heat in colonial fireplaces.

8) Pirate gunboat

9) A non-commissioned officer with a bad head cold.

10) Biotoxic effluent

There are some excellent daffynitions here? Which is the correct definition? Start guessing!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalleh,
January 03, 2013, 12:22
<Proofreader>
quote:
There are some excellent daffynitions here?

I don't know. Are there?

I'd say number ten is logical, therefore probably wrong.
January 04, 2013, 07:06
Geoff
It's the boitoxic effluent from a bird that has struck the windshield of an airplane flown by a woman with exposed cleavage, usually a booby.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti
January 04, 2013, 09:59
Kalleh
How's about a guess, Geoff?
January 04, 2013, 14:24
bethree5
I'm choosing #2.... Even if it sounds like something reported back to the captain by a Blue Meanie on board a Yellow Submarine...
January 04, 2013, 14:56
Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
It's the boitoxic effluent from a bird that has struck the windshield of an airplane flown by a woman with exposed cleavage, usually a booby.

Hey, that was my guess. (Not really, but very funny).

I think no. 9 is kind of funny.

I'm guessing 5. because it doesn't sound like anything something would make up.
January 04, 2013, 16:25
Geoff

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti
January 04, 2013, 18:05
BobHale

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
January 04, 2013, 20:41
Kalleh
Wow...what a diversity of guesses! Anyone else? I will post the real answer, and who came up with these great daffys, this weekend.
January 05, 2013, 01:22
arnie

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
January 06, 2013, 20:51
Kalleh
Any more guesses?
January 08, 2013, 20:58
Kalleh
Here we go...

1) To lunge forward in a warrior pose, particularly used in pilates. (Kalleh; fooled no one)

2) Military slang - Situation Normal, All Readings Green - Engage (Bob; fooled Bethree)

3) The remains of a bird after it collides with an airplane. (real thing! Geoff and arnie got it right; I thought Geoff would, and I knew arnie would. Razz)

4) A very big snarl. A portmanteau word formed from snarl and large. (arnie; fooled no one)

5) A piece of material which could cover a woman's cleavage, if she wished, or was removed for the proper occasion. (proof; fooled Tom)

6) The catch that holds the boot (trunk) shut on a car. (Bob; fooled no one)

7) A metal baffle used to deflect heat in colonial fireplaces. proof; fooled Bob)

8) Pirate gunboat (Bethree; fooled no one)

9) A non-commissioned officer with a bad head cold. (proof; fooled no one)

10) Biotoxic effluent (Bethree; fooled proof)
January 11, 2013, 01:19
arnie
quote:
A non-commissioned officer with a bad head cold.

That is probably even more amusing to those of us of a certain age in the UK. There used to be a (pretty dire but popular at the time) TV comedy here set in an army camp called The Army Game. One of the main characters was a Sergeant Major Snudge.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
January 11, 2013, 09:50
Kalleh
Yes, I liked that one, as well as the biotoxic effluent. Wink We got creativity with this one.