Wordcraft Community Home Page
Limerick Game: Werribee Poll

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/3570054846

May 06, 2012, 05:39
Greg S
Limerick Game: Werribee Poll
Sorry I didn't choose a place that solicited more entries, but congratulations to everyone who did for being brave and trying to rhyme all 3 syllables. Here are the Limericks for Werribee:<BR><BR><B>1</B><BR>A silly young lady from Werribee<BR>Asked her boyfriend, "Now where should my cherry be?"<BR>Said he, "I'll be kind<BR>And that spot we will find,<BR>And the rest of the night we will merry be!"<BR><BR><B>2</B><BR>An accountant embezzling in Werribee<BR>packed his bags and escaped on a ferry he<BR>eluded detectives<BR>who issued directives<BR>saying “Where can that bent actuary be?”<BR><BR><B>3</B><BR>An American speaking of Werribee,<BR>A blowhard (which isn't a rarity),<BR>Called it a "burb,"<BR>And so did perturb<BR>The locals, who said it was heresy!<BR><BR><B>4</B><BR>Said with touch of temerity<BR>And a good slice of sincerity,<BR>"On the road to Geelong,<BR>You can tell by the pong,<BR>When you are passing by Werribee."<BR><BR><B>5</B><BR>Exotic equestrian Sarah B.<BR>Rides double at shows down in Werribee<BR>Dressage in a thong<BR>--It's so very wrong!--<BR>Back to back with her twin sister Farrah B.<BR><BR><BR><B>6</B><BR>A bloke asked his girl, "Will you marry me<BR>Down by the River in Werribee?"<BR>His Sheila said, "Yes,<BR>But I'll not wear a dress;<BR>I'll come with some jeans and I'll wear a tee."Vote Now for your favourite.123456

Regards Greg
May 06, 2012, 13:33
<Proofreader>
Sorry I forgot to enter this one. If I had I would have sent this onel

Said a lovely young lass down in Werribee,
“Pwease dont think that I most contwawy be.
But thince I lotht my chewwy
I find life motht mewwy
And I mith hith long dong oh tho tewwibwee.
May 06, 2012, 16:26
<Proofreader>
The "What is it?" game result is posted, too.
May 06, 2012, 18:18
BobHale
quote:
Originally posted by Proofreader:
Sorry I forgot to enter this one. If I had I would have sent this onel

Said a lovely young lass down in Werribee,
“Pwease dont think that I most contwawy be.
But thince I lotht my chewwy
I find life motht mewwy
And I mith hith long dong oh tho tewwibwee.

And I would have voted for it.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
May 08, 2012, 20:58
Kalleh
Well, once the last vote is in, I believe I will have irrefutable evidence that I wrote the 2 worst limericks for this game. At least I will have won something: The worst limerick entry. Roll Eyes
May 09, 2012, 06:19
Greg S
Ok folks, I have cast a vote and made Richard the winner of this game. The limericks came from:

1 - Richard - sorry but I was swayed by its blueness
2 - Bob - clever and could easily have been the winner
3 - Kalleh - loved the use of heresy and the local connection
4 - Mine - loved it, would have voted for it if someone else had written it, but alas nobody else did
5 - Bethree - the only one to get an absolutely perfect 3-syllable rhyme for the way the locals say Werribee, with Sarah B, but then we got let down a little with Farrah B.
6 - Kalleh - as always good local connections, with the River and the use of Sheila - nice work.

Hope those of you who played enjoyed the game.

Over to you Richard.

Regards Greg
May 09, 2012, 09:21
Richard English
Well thanks, everyone. I would have chosen the name of the town where I am staying(if a place with fewer than 400 inhabitants can be called a town) but I believe that we have already used Headley (UK) which is pronounced the same as Hedley (Canada) so I won't repeat it.

So I'll go for the nearest place to Hedley with an airport - a town called Penticton. The name is phonetic and the stress is on the middle syllable.

As I only get limited use of this computer I can't guarantee to acknowledge all PMs immediately.

Richard English