Wordcraft Community Home Page
Perfect names redux

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/3716025802

January 21, 2003, 18:11
<Asa Lovejoy>
Perfect names redux
Dr. John Studd - Consultant Gynaecologist

I just found Dr. Studd on a Teoma search. Haven't tried Teoma? When Google doesn't garner a gaggle of good hits, turn to Teoma, especially if you speak Gaelic and know what it means. Big Grin
January 22, 2003, 15:07
Kalleh
I believe I already posted this on the old thread, but it is relevant here: A friend had a gynecologist named Mabel C. Hiscock
January 27, 2003, 19:12
Morgan
Met an old gentleman in a nursing home. He was a retired priest. His name? Father Priester!
January 29, 2003, 19:27
Kalleh
Not sure how apt this name is, but it sure is funny. We have a friend whose name is King Poor.

That name reminds me (though it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread) of my son visiting a friend when he was about 5. His friend lived in a very large home with a turret. When I picked up David, who was at the time enthralled with castles, he said, "Mom, I think Drew's dad must be a King because he lives in a castle!"
January 30, 2003, 17:42
Morgan
In the obituaries in this evening's paper:

John Barber

I'll let you all guess his chosen profession!
January 30, 2003, 22:58
<Asa Lovejoy>
ohn Barber

I'll let you all guess his chosen profession!
Ummm - he shaved prostitutes' customers?

Asa, listening to Samuel Barber.
February 01, 2003, 19:45
TrossL
Here in Atlanta there are two morning disc jockies named Steve and Vicki that are very popular. A man moved here recently and every time he would give his name to someone, they would giggle or snicker and it was starting to really bother him. His name:

Steven Vicky
February 03, 2003, 18:51
Morgan
Not to upset any lawyers who may be roaming...

One of my employees was talking about her attorney and how fitting his name was: Gary Shaft.
February 04, 2003, 06:51
Duncan Howell
I knew a family with two sisters named Lavinia and Diana. Usually they were called Liv and Di, but were often referred to as "the two extremes". Incidentally, Di once refused a proposal of marriage from a man with the surname "Rhea".
February 22, 2003, 12:22
C J Strolin
One of my least favorite comedians of all times is famous for being abusive to audiences - Andy Dick!