Wordcraft Community Home Page
Buffing Game: Feineance Poll

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/4740020666

September 11, 2013, 08:15
<Proofreader>
Buffing Game: Feineance Poll
Here are the entries for this latest contest. ANY MEMBER can vote, even if you didn't enter the contest. So join in the festivities.1. Something contrived, artificial.<BR><BR>2. A stated preference; a choice. "I'd faineance England over France for cheese any day."<BR><BR>3. A child's cry of surrender in games.<BR><BR>4. Membership in Sinn Fein<BR><BR>5. The ability to fake sleep.<BR><BR>6. Paroxysmal position vertigo; the feeling of movement after changing positions but becoming still again.<BR> <BR>7. A special type of séance to call upon gods or other (former) religious leaders; usually held in a sacred place such as a temple.<BR><BR>8. A fringe-topped two-wheeled carriage from Ireland in the 19th century.<BR><BR>9. The condition of being idle; lazy.<BR> <BR>10. An obscure Scottish law related to primogeniture.<BR> <BR>11. The scarlop found on the inside of an ambrosial fontrel.OneTwoThreeFourFiveSixSevenEightNineTenEleven
September 11, 2013, 20:26
Kalleh
The voting is a great idea - as long as people don't peek first. Wink
September 12, 2013, 08:30
<Proofreader>
quote:
The voting is a great idea - as long as people don't peek first.

Highly astute comment.
September 12, 2013, 19:43
Kalleh
I did not. The difference is that we don't know who voted for which definition.
September 13, 2013, 21:05
Kalleh
BTW, how will we know who wins? I guess we'll have to trust people (that's refreshing!).
September 15, 2013, 12:04
<Proofreader>
It's amazing how many were erudite enough to know what the actual definition (no. 9) was. The authors of the others were:
1 & 2 Arnie
3 & 4 Geoff
5 & 6 Kalleh
7 Tom
8, 9, 10 & 11 Proofreader
September 15, 2013, 20:51
Kalleh
Mine was a complete, unadulterated guess - and I did not look at the voting results first. Without "outing" someone, I'd love to know who guessed my #6.

Who's next? We haven't played this game in awhile, and it is fun! Smile Thanks, Proof, for starting it again.
September 15, 2013, 22:13
arnie
quote:
1 & 2 Arnie

In fact, my daffys were 2 and 3.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.