Wordcraft Community Home Page
Ukraine

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/5050074976

September 11, 2015, 21:41
BobHale
Ukraine
A severely disappointing response this time round - maybe everyone is too busy - so I'm putting this to bed now. Here are the four entries from two participants.<BR>I'm expecting a split vote as each of you votes for the other one.<BR><BR>1.<BR>In Spain the rain stays on the Plain<BR>I've heard it again and again <BR>While the moisture in Russ-<BR>Ia is more often slush<BR>And it's snow, sleet, and ice in Ukraine.<BR><BR>2.<BR>Dear Wayne and his Jane from Ukraine<BR>Decided on sex they'd refrain.<BR>They cuddled and kissed.<BR>Though soon he was pissed - <BR>And campaigned to no longer abstain!<BR><BR>3.<BR>The Russians are prone to disdain,<BR>And that could be seen in Ukraine. <BR>They slaughtered the masses<BR>Like bellicose asses.<BR>We permit it? They’ll do it again!<BR><BR>4.<BR>The target for now is "Ukraine"<BR>From all commonplace rhymes I'll refrain.<BR>But though I endeavor <BR>To be Oh-so-clever<BR>It just doesn't work.<BR><span class="ev_code_WHITE">--------------------</span>I abstain.There you go - votes now please.1234

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
September 12, 2015, 06:21
Geoff
Damn! I stayed up all night dreaming one up!

Here it is anyway:

A wheat farmer lives in Ukraine

Whose daughter can drive me insane!

With a "come hither" glance

She will take off her pants

Alas! The girl's stuffed full of grain!
September 12, 2015, 20:43
Kalleh
Very good! Wish we could include it.

Not sure how to get more people moving on Wordcraft. I talked to zmj today on the chat, and he checks in periodically but clearly doesn't post much. Of course, he never sent limericks anyway - but he had some marvelous word posts.
September 16, 2015, 20:45
Kalleh
More than three votes, please!
September 17, 2015, 02:44
BobHale
I guess that's the two competitors and Geoff.

September 17, 2015, 10:07
haberdasher
Originally posted by BobHale:
quote:

...I would prefer to consider it the two contributors and Geoff...
September 17, 2015, 12:42
<Proofreader>
I once screwed a girl from Ukraine,
A good looker possessed of no brain.
Still I am telling you
That that baby could screw,
And my man parts are feeling the strain.
September 17, 2015, 17:48
Geoff
quote:
Originally posted by haberdasher:
Originally posted by BobHale:
quote:

...I would prefer to consider it the two contributors and Geoff...
But Hab, I DID contribute, albeit not in time. So did Proofreader.
September 18, 2015, 18:55
Geoff
What's the next location? Oh, and who won?
September 19, 2015, 00:30
BobHale
haberdasher won but with so view entries and so few votes it hardly seemed like a proper game at all.

Over to you hab, let's see if you can whip up some enthusiasm from the masses.

September 20, 2015, 18:34
bethree5
Oh I did try, Bob, in my nightly bouts of inventing limericks (as opposed to counting sheep). Results were awful. For me it's the combo of end-of-summer low ambition & distraction as the school year starts. I shall return, with better product!
September 21, 2015, 21:00
Kalleh
Proof, you are too good not to be a contributor. We want one from you next time!
September 25, 2015, 21:20
Kalleh
How about the next game? Hab, can you do it? I know you did one lately, so if you'd like some help I am happy to take over for you.
September 26, 2015, 04:09
haberdasher
Would you do that, please? This is going to be a busy week for me.
September 27, 2015, 20:55
Kalleh
Absolutely. Last week was terrible for me, but my son is doing much better now, thankfully. I will start a new thread and will ask Shu to come up with the place. I wish he'd post limericks here more because he sure has fun coming up with them at home. Wink