Wordcraft Community Home Page
Bluffing game: Leeftail

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/5101096263

August 02, 2006, 20:33
Kalleh
Bluffing game: Leeftail
Hey...how about a bluffing game word? Hopefully I'll be able to get a few daffynitions. Please PM me your daffynition for Leeftail.

Thanks!
August 03, 2006, 22:18
Kalleh
How's about it, folks????

I have only 2 so far.
August 05, 2006, 04:02
Caterwauller
oOPS! Didn't notice - 'nition on the way!

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama
August 06, 2006, 21:45
Kalleh
Well, I've got 4. How about some more?
August 07, 2006, 21:30
<Asa Lovejoy>
For some odd reason I didn't get my usual e-mail letting me know the game's on! A PM will arrive shortly!
August 09, 2006, 20:56
Kalleh
Alright...here we go!

Here are the daffynitions (and one true definition) of leeftail. Which is the real definition? Even if you didn't provide a daffynition, please feel free to chime in. BTW, where is Hab????

1) A feature of glacial erosion where there is a smooth and gently sloping side of the rock mound, but the far side of this feature is steep and jagged.

2) A type of joint used in cabinetmaking comprising double posts which fit into double wells; invented by Cyrus Leef.

3) In great demand; having a quick sale.

4) Decorative edging on a cut-paper ornament.

5) An amphibious reptile resembling a crocodile, but much smaller and with a much shorter tail.

6) Term used to describe the pattern left in the water behind a swimmer in open water. Ocean swimmers leave a leeward or leeftail pattern as they swim.

7) The drop-down stern of a landing ship transport, or LST, as used in WWII.
August 09, 2006, 21:05
<Asa Lovejoy>
Three for me.
August 10, 2006, 04:51
jo
#3 please
August 10, 2006, 05:09
Caterwauller
Oh heck - I bet 3 is it, but I'm going to pick 5 anyway - it's more interesting.

~Dalai Lama
August 10, 2006, 11:32
arnie
Three for me, too, please.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
August 12, 2006, 21:51
Kalleh
Anybody else? Even if you didn't write a daffynition, you can still make a choice.

I will post the answers tomorrow.
August 13, 2006, 21:01
Kalleh
Here we go:

1) A feature of glacial erosion where there is a smooth and gently sloping side of the rock mound, but the far side of this feature is steep and jagged. Written by Kalleh; guessed by no one.

2) A type of joint used in cabinetmaking comprising double posts which fit into double wells; invented by Cyrus Leef. Written by Wordmatic; guessed by no one.

3) In great demand; having a quick sale. Phonistry and OED true definition; guessed by Arnie, Jo, & Asa

4) Decorative edging on a cut-paper ornament. Written by CW; guessed by no one.

5) An amphibious reptile resembling a crocodile, but much smaller and with a much shorter tail. Written by Arnie; guessed by CW.

6) Term used to describe the pattern left in the water behind a swimmer in open water. Ocean swimmers leave a leeward or leeftail pattern as they swim.Written by Jo; guessed by no one.

7) The drop-down stern of a landing ship transport, or LST, as used in WWII. Written by Asa; guessed by no one.

Well, this was a short game, and the word wasn't that good, I guess.
August 14, 2006, 18:34
wordmatic
Darn! I missed the vote. I would have voted for 4.

Have never heard of a leeftail before and cannot imagine how it came to mean what it does.

Guess I'd better look it up.
WM
August 15, 2006, 03:50
Caterwauller
The word was fine, Kalleh, and I think people need to get back into playing it, since we've had a break. I'd do the next one, but I'm going to be on vacation next week, and I'm not going to be around as much.

~Dalai Lama
August 15, 2006, 05:20
jo
Well, I have one that I've been dying to use. So... look to the new thread.