Wordcraft Community Home Page
Limerick Poll: Spokane

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/5500076966

February 19, 2014, 19:26
bethree5
Limerick Poll: Spokane
1.A blues singer lives in Spokane,<BR>And he's quite a lonely old man.<BR>“One time I'd a ho;<BR>Ain't got 'er no mo',<BR>She Washington's bitch, he her man.”<BR><BR>2.I took a trip to Spokane<BR>From Coeur d'Alene in a van.<BR>When I went to buy lunch,<BR>My knickers did bunch!<BR>The restaurant was owned by The Klan!<BR><BR>3.An X-rated cowgirl named Nan<BR>Thrills rodeo crowds in Spokane<BR>By roping a calf<BR>In a sec and a half<BR>Wearing nothing but boots and a tan.<BR><BR>4. Had a thought for a great travel plan:<BR>Ride my 'cycle from Maine to Spokane.<BR>But my plan changed in Omaha.<BR>I ditched there my Yamaha --<BR>Had blisters afflicting my can.<BR><BR>5. Is it "Spo-Kan" or is it "Spo-Kayn"?<BR>That's the tourists' incessant refrain.<BR>They're confused how to say it<BR>And to their dismay it<BR>Has answers drowned out by the rain.<BR><BR>6.There once was a man in Spokane<BR>Whom we'd call the "Tan Man in the Van."<BR>He'd flirt and connive,<BR>Hook up, and he'd jive -<BR>And he'd promise big trips to Japan.<BR><BR>7. I once dated a chick from Spokane,<BR>Who clearly of me was no fan,<BR>Then I heard from a mate,<BR>"That wasn't no date<BR>'Cause she ain't no fan o' no man!"<BR><BR>8. As I strolled the streets of Spokane,<BR>I spied an old woman wielding a pan.<BR>A heavy iron skillet,<BR>She said, “If God will it,<BR>I'll whack my lazy old man!”<BR><BR>9.I was dancing real close with one “Fran”,<BR>A chestnut-haired babe from Spokane.<BR>She started to groove—<BR>I felt something move—<BR>And took off! That Fran was a man!Please vote for your favorite limerickonetwothreefourfivesixseveneightnine
February 19, 2014, 20:52
<Proofreader>
I hooked up with a girl in Spokane.
She was great and I said to her, "Man!
You know how to screw!"
She said, "This joke's on you.
It's not often you sleep with a tran."
February 20, 2014, 20:34
Kalleh
There are some good ones here!
February 23, 2014, 12:57
bethree5
YOO-HOO! Any non-lim-submitting voters out there? At the moment we have 5 votes cast, which are perhaps the 5 people who submitted limericks. What say you 5: should we wait for more votes, or are we ready to award the big prize?
February 23, 2014, 16:17
Geoff
I'm guessing you're a repeat winner, B35. Am I right or wrong?
February 23, 2014, 17:47
bethree5
I'll tell all tomorrow.
February 24, 2014, 03:21
Geoff
It's tomorrow today. :-)
February 24, 2014, 05:22
<Proofreader>
quote:
It's tomorrow today. :-)

In some places it's already yesterday and tomorrow.
February 24, 2014, 21:59
bethree5
Yuh, OK.. I admit, I won again. Proof, had you submitted that ad hoc entry, it would have won votes

Here's the line-up:
1. Geoff - bluesy entry, no votes
2.another by Geoff-- too political? Spokane did indeed have Klan.
3. yours truly, winner w/4 votes. Spokane has a yearly rodeo.
4. Proof got my vote-- loved that Omaha & Yamaha, deflated w/'can'
5. Another Proof, no votes
6. Kalleh's sinister van-man [trafficking?]- no votes
7. Greg's despite lesbo offering? no votes
8.Geoff's iron-pan-whacking entry, tho appealing - no votes
9. I tried again w/a tranny entry - no votes.

I'm willing to go another round on one condition: it'll be an unrhymable location, so entries will have to be creative... OR...

One of you can step up & suggest a rhymable location for the next round.

What say you?
February 25, 2014, 04:53
Geoff
Dang! You're good!

Go for the hard one. If you read my post in Q&A about the proper Ukrainian pronunciation of "Kiev," you might think it's unrhymable.
February 25, 2014, 05:03
Greg S
Yeah the occasional unrhymable can be fun.

Regards Greg
February 25, 2014, 05:47
<Proofreader>
quote:
Proof, had you submitted that ad hoc entry, it would have won votes

The story of my life. Too little, too late.
February 25, 2014, 20:42
Kalleh
quote:
6. Kalleh's sinister van-man [trafficking?]- no votes
And - this is story of my life. Frown
February 26, 2014, 05:13
Geoff
Cheer up, Kalleh! I submitted three and got no votes. None of them scanned well, though. I was too busy thinking about prehistoric alcohol. Roll Eyes
February 26, 2014, 20:44
Kalleh
I usually understand why mine are not selected too. My rhymes and scans are always good - at least to my accent - but it's only infrequently that I can get that zinger in the last line. The rest of you are so much better at that! So I was only kidding with that sad face. Most times I totally get it.
March 01, 2014, 03:53
Greg S
Got the first 4 lines of a killer, but can't find that zinger you spoke of to bring it all together.

Regards Greg
March 01, 2014, 09:38
Geoff
That happens to me often, Greg. Very frustrating! My wife wonders why I wander about the house muttering to myself and feeling irritable; this is why.
March 01, 2014, 10:31
bethree5
3 in already, >snort< funny. Remember, there have to be flaws! Go for it!
March 01, 2014, 12:59
Geoff
Three in for Spokane? Now I'm confuseder than ever!
March 01, 2014, 14:01
Greg S
I was talking about Los Angeles but responded in the wrong thread.

Regards Greg
March 04, 2014, 07:34
bethree5
oops! ditto