Wordcraft Community Home Page
Durban Voting

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/624102456

July 05, 2010, 09:12
Greg S
Durban Voting
Here are the limericks:<B>1</B><BR>A teenager I know from Durban,<BR>When asked "Watcha doon?" says, "Just verbin'"<BR>Which means 'doing stuff--<BR>Specific enuff!'<BR>"Goin' out?" "Oh, maybe some 'burbin'"<BR><BR><B>2</B><BR>An amorous dude down in Durban<BR>Had a dating technique quite disturbin’.<BR>He would rufy his date,<BR>Then he’d mount her mate<BR>And, polite, drop her close to the curbin’.<BR><BR><B>3</B><BR>Although Germany's play was superb 'an<BR>They smashed the Australians in Durban,<BR>Like whirring propellers<BR>Those damn vuvuzelas<BR>Are the things that I find most disturbin'.<BR><BR><B>4</B><BR>Playing Rock-Paper-Scissors in Durban<BR>Were an Aussie, a German, a Serb an'<BR>Whose number was up,<BR>Much like the World Cup<BR>Was luck and I find that disturbin'.<BR><BR><I><B>A</B>ustralia, <B>G</B>ermany and <B>S</B>erbia were all in Group D in the World Cup. <B>G</B> beat <B>A</B> 4-nil in Durban, later <B>S</B> had a 1-all draw with <B>G</B>, and yet <B>A</B> beat <B>S</B> 2-1.</I><BR><BR><B>5</B><BR>While touring South Africa's urban<BR>Divisions, like Cape Town and Durban.<BR>I tried salted meat -<BR>Called "biltong"...not sweet!<BR>I should have disguised it with bourbon!<BR><BR><B>6</B><BR>A randy young Sikh down in Durban<BR>Quipped glibly, with manners suburban,<BR>"When getting my rocks off<BR>I might take my socks off -<BR>But I'm damned if I'll take off my turban!"<BR><BR><B>7</B><BR>I thought about moving to Durban<BR>Urban Durban? I thought. Or suburban?<BR>"Suburban?" they said,<BR>"But the night life is dead.<BR>Go downtown, where there's plenty of Bourbon."<BR><BR><B>8</B><BR>On the tour guide I read out the blurb'n<BR>Got all the lowdown on Durban<BR>I quite fancy a beach<BR>But it must be a peach<BR>And it seems that they have a superb'n.12345678

Regards Greg
July 06, 2010, 20:19
Kalleh
Could we get a few more votes, pretty please?
July 06, 2010, 21:04
Greg S
Since everyone can probably tell it's mine I need to confess now, because I want to correct an error, but I don't want to reset the Poll. Serbia actually beat Germany 1-nil, so it was a true game of Rock-Paper-Scissors with each beating the other.

Regards Greg
July 07, 2010, 02:15
Greg S
I will vote right at the end in case that vote needs to break a tie.

Regards Greg
July 08, 2010, 01:48
Greg S
It seems silly to keep forging ahead
With the voting that's here in this thread.
There's been voting thrice
Yet the Poll says it's twice,
So I hereby declare this Poll dead.

Regards Greg
July 08, 2010, 06:03
arnie
I'll lock this thread to stop any more attempted votes. See the new poll posted at https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/ev...10600694/m/894108656

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.