Wordcraft Community Home Page
Limerick Game: Moline

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/7250089856

January 02, 2013, 13:41
<Proofreader>
Limerick Game: Moline
Here are the entries for this latest limerick game. Please choose one, and one only. No multiple voting allowed (or possible).1. Jack Spratt moved his home to Moline<BR>Said of his plate, “It’s so clean<BR>Because I eat no fat<BR>And my wife, fancy that,<BR>For her part, well she eats no lean.<BR><BR>2. We are driving at speed through Moline<BR>With the radio blasting “Jolene”<BR>But I hate C and W<BR>Do you think I could trouble you<BR>For a rock station - don’t be so mean.<BR><BR>3. A scant’ly-clad geek from Moline<BR>Set her cap for the buff farmer green<BR>She got on her tractor<BR>And guessed with protractor<BR>How much tits and ass should be seen<BR><BR>4. Fair Sylvia of Sweden, dear Queen<BR>Twice visited near to Moline<BR>The folks in Rock River<BR>Were sure all aquiver<BR>But Moline? the Queen was unseen.<BR><BR>5. Inventor John Deere was most keen<BR>To move his biz quick to Moline—<BR>Left Andrus in the dust;<BR>Grand Detour’s only just<BR>A museum of the steel plow machine<BR><BR>6. It sits on the border: Moline;<BR>And it’s one of a quad - and so keen.<BR>It’s time for diversion, <BR>A winter excursion - <BR>On down to the River - let’s preen!OneTwoThreeFourFiveSix
January 02, 2013, 20:35
Kalleh
Thanks, proof, for posting this. Sorry I messed up with the Bluffing Game posts. I'll get those out tomorrow, I promise.
January 03, 2013, 20:36
Kalleh
Well, #3 is doing quite well!
January 04, 2013, 14:55
bethree5
Hmph! My 2-verse C&W got left off the docket, so here it is.

No votes,please,just applause.

An auburn-haired gal named Jolene
Takes the Rock Island Line to Moline
She then takes my man
Because, she just can,
Oh, mean Jolene, you've turned me green!

Oh you've got some brass, Miss Jolene
You've made me an ass in Moline
'Twas a mighty fine roam
But I'm followin' you home
With rags and a quart gasoline.
January 04, 2013, 20:43
Kalleh
Wow...those are great, Bethree! I am sure that Proof left them out on purpose. Wink
January 05, 2013, 06:24
Greg S
Just discovered the Poll was up and voted, but I am concerned that maybe there's a bug in the Software because before I voted for No. 5 it had no votes and now it has 2 and I also tried to Post a Reply which disappeared into the ether. And then I got a warning telling me I had already voted, so I am wondering if anyone else just happened to vote for No. 5 around about the same time. If not then somehow I have stumbled across a way to Vote twice. Very Odd?

For what it's worth I would have voted for B35's if it was in the game.

Regards Greg
January 05, 2013, 08:22
<Proofreader>
Sorry, B5. That one seems to have evaporated in tshe e-mail ether. I never got it. To0 bad, since it seems fairly adequate. Razz
January 05, 2013, 10:27
bethree5
As we like to say in Banished English, "whatever.. no problem"
January 06, 2013, 20:50
Kalleh
It is odd, Greg, and I don't know what might have happened. Did anyone else have anything similar happen? We could contact our server.
January 06, 2013, 21:29
BobHale
Did you delete them from yopur own PM list?
If you are the originator that also deletes them from everybody else's list.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
January 08, 2013, 14:52
bethree5
No, it's still on my sent PM list. But maybe a glitch in my email. It's probably lying on the tracks somewhere near Moline.
January 08, 2013, 17:02
<Proofreader>
Betty Jean was a queen from Moline
And a sight not too many have seen.
Orange hair, purple lips,
Nicotined fintgertips,
And her eyes and her teeth were bright green.

Since no one else is voting, I'll post the results tomorrow.
January 08, 2013, 20:42
Kalleh
I love limericks that have multiple rhymes within them.
January 09, 2013, 10:35
<Proofreader>
Numbers one and two were composed by BobHale.
Three, four, five were authored by Bethree5.
Six was Kalleh.
The undisputed winner was Bethree5's three, although I think she would have won had I seen the lost poem she posted, anyeay.

Your turn, B5.
January 09, 2013, 17:25
bethree5
Betty Jean sounds a little like me...

will post new location shortly
January 09, 2013, 21:04
Kalleh
Congrats, Bethree! Nicely done. Perhaps I'll stop focusing on the venue and just focus on the limerick.

[And I am sure you're nothing like Betty Jean!]