Wordcraft Community Home Page
OK - here we go, the new location is... Alaska

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/7370021796

April 08, 2020, 19:52
BobHale
OK - here we go, the new location is... Alaska
and I am adding an extra arbitrary rule that any limericks that mention or even hint at the coronavirus will be disqualified immediately.

Near rhymes, half-rhymes, bad metre, misspellings - all permitted
coronavirus NO! This competition is a virus free zone.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
April 11, 2020, 09:52
haberdasher
...as they say, "Been there. Done that."
April 18, 2020, 16:08
Geoff
Sorry, Bob, this new word got buried. I'll get to work on a cool limerick.
April 20, 2020, 20:04
Kalleh
Thanks for that disqualification! I will work on one.
April 20, 2020, 20:08
Kalleh
Remember this one from Shu?
April 22, 2020, 20:02
Kalleh
Mine's in - and nothing about COVID-19!
April 25, 2020, 09:57
Geoff
I've also sent something close to a limerick in.
April 25, 2020, 16:36
haberdasher
Wordcrafter’s Home Page includes an invitation, to wit:

Wordcraft limerick book!
A book of of the best limericks that have been written by members for our limerick game is now available. Order it online via Lulu now!

The Lulu link, unfortunately, says 404/file not fund. Perhaps not too surprising, after sixteen years. Is the file still available? Can/should it be updated?
April 25, 2020, 22:50
BobHale
I’ll look into it when I get time. It probably means my other books need checking too

April 25, 2020, 22:51
BobHale
Meanwhile maybe someone should change the wordcraft home page

May 01, 2020, 13:33
Geoff
Any others besides Kalleh's and mine?

It's May Day! All the little children get to dance around the ancient pagan fertility symbol! Annnd, once the lockdowns are finished, there'll likely be a lot more of them next February or so.
May 01, 2020, 18:12
BobHale
It seems that all but the latest two of my published projects have now been deleted because of no sales, including the limerick book. I have a query in to the publisher to find out if they can be recovered.

May 05, 2020, 20:11
Kalleh
We used to make May Day baskets, put flowers in them, and hang them on people's doors.

Then today is Cinco de Mayo. Even though we're all quarantining, there was a huge line (everyone 6 feet apart) waiting to pick up food from our local Mexican restaurant.
May 06, 2020, 20:00
Kalleh
quote:
It seems that all but the latest two of my published projects have now been deleted because of no sales, including the limerick book. I have a query in to the publisher to find out if they can be recovered.

You must have them saved somewhere, right? How is your book of poems about COVID-19 going?
May 07, 2020, 06:39
BobHale
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
quote:

You must have them saved somewhere, right? How is your book of poems about COVID-19 going?

Oh, I have all the poems, even in the right order but it would mean recreating the books from scratch instead of which I am considering an omnibus edition featuring all four previous books plus a new section of previously unpublished work including my virus poems.

May 08, 2020, 17:56
haberdasher
Do we have anything near a minyan of Alaska limericks yet, suitable for posting? Or even a quorum?
May 09, 2020, 04:03
BobHale
five from three is all we have

May 10, 2020, 09:07
bethree5
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
We used to make May Day baskets, put flowers in them, and hang them on people's doors.

Then today is Cinco de Mayo. Even though we're all quarantining, there was a huge line (everyone 6 feet apart) waiting to pick up food from our local Mexican restaurant.

When I was in elementary school, we did a Maypole. First week of May was also "Good English Week," where students issued hand-written tickets to each other recording infractions. I was crowned queen one year.

On 5/5 my husband & I had lost track of the date & tried fruitlessly to get an order for delivery through to QDoba...
May 10, 2020, 09:09
bethree5
I found this one tough. Finally sent one to Bob just now.
May 10, 2020, 19:59
Kalleh
Ah well. Let's post them, if even so few.
May 11, 2020, 20:00
Kalleh
I choose mine! Big Grin
May 14, 2020, 17:00
bethree5
Yours is no doubt better than mine, Kalleh! But I did enjoy working it out... It's a counting-aheep thing for me, as I sail off to sleep... & good sleep hard to come by in covid-19 times, so post'm, let's vote & move on to next location! Big Grin
May 20, 2020, 04:01
Geoff
quote:
post'm, let's vote & move on to next location! Big Grin
Yes, please do!
May 27, 2020, 19:58
Kalleh
Were they posted? Did I miss them?
June 08, 2020, 16:11
Geoff
HELLOOOOOOOOO - did you all decide to discontinue limericks?
June 09, 2020, 18:54
haberdasher
Bob - we'd really like to see what you received, if you can find the time to post them -
June 09, 2020, 20:56
BobHale
I'll get to it tonight.