Wordcraft Community Home Page
Limerick GAme: Warren

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/7900069326

May 18, 2011, 06:07
<Proofreader>
Limerick GAme: Warren
However you pron Warren regionally, I can go along. After all, my New England accent has some eccentricities of its own that you have to deal with. So anything within reason will work for the rhyme.

PM your entries to me. I have two from Bob already.
May 18, 2011, 07:27
BobHale
I thought I sent three.

Without giving anything away, can you tell me if you think the first two actually rhyme?

Just Yes, No or Maybe will do. Smile

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
May 18, 2011, 17:52
Greg S
My 2 are in.

Regards Greg
May 18, 2011, 19:47
<Proofreader>
One of Bob's would rhyme for me and if his others rhyme for him, that's fine with me.
May 18, 2011, 23:50
Guy Barry
Well I don't know how you folks are managing so many. I can only think of two words rhyming with "Warren" in my dialect, and it's hard enough fitting them into the same limerick!
May 19, 2011, 02:21
BobHale
They don't rhyme for me. They rhyme according to both RhymeZone and Whitfield's University Rhyming Dictionary which are both, of course, American.

The third of mine contains two of the only three possible rhymes to my ear but that would rather limit the scope of the entries.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobHale,

May 19, 2011, 05:37
Mike
I'll be interested to see what others come up with because I am struggling with this one. I've submitted one, but I doubt it's a winner.
May 19, 2011, 08:46
Richard English
quote:
Originally posted by Guy Barry:
Well I don't know how you folks are managing so many. I can only think of two words rhyming with "Warren" in my dialect, and it's hard enough fitting them into the same limerick!

Me too - and one of those is a name.

Richard English
May 22, 2011, 10:12
<Proofreader>
I"ve got six but from only three people. Where are all the contestants?
May 22, 2011, 11:55
BobHale
Come on people. It's tough but it can be done given enough creativity and stretching of the definition of rhyme. Big Grin

May 23, 2011, 12:13
<Proofreader>
Seven, from four people. Kalleh? Stella? Bethree? Anyone else?
May 23, 2011, 17:46
<Proofreader>
Nine from five. lAny more takers? I'll wait until Tuesday evening then before posting the entries.