This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/8641038603

March 10, 2006, 08:37
dalehileman
gill
GRISS: Golombok Rust Inventory of Sexual Satisfaction
GILL: Young girl, sweetheart

Thus a damsel's score on her ability to please is a gill griss sum

Her tally over a specified interval is her cumulative seasonal inventory, or CSI
March 10, 2006, 10:38
haberdasher
Wasn't the astronaut's name "Gus" ?
March 10, 2006, 10:44
arnie
A gill is also a liquid measure. 4 gills = 1 pint. Thus a girl's willingness to please may depend on the number of gills she has inside her. Her tally over a specified interval is of great interst to many men.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
March 10, 2006, 11:32
BobHale
quote:
Originally posted by haberdasher:
Wasn't the astronaut's name "Gus" ?

It was but as for the head of the Crime Scene Investigations team...

You just don't watch enough TV, hab.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
March 10, 2006, 21:00
KHC
quote:
You just don't watch enough TV, hab.

Thank goodness!! Too many people watch too much.
March 11, 2006, 12:47
dalehileman
I know I do

If you do too you almost have to watch CSI and Law & Order because they seem to dominate the menu
March 13, 2006, 18:37
<Asa Lovejoy>
I must admit to becoming addicted to the TV show, "House," with an English actor, Hugh Laurie, in the starring role. I'm sure some of you will be pleased! Wink I watch it because Dr. House is a curmudgeon, so I can identify with him.
March 14, 2006, 04:20
arnie
I've never seen the show, but I've read some good reviews. One question; over here the reviewers mention almost without fail that Hugh Laurie puts on a very good American accent. Is that how Americans hear his accent, or can they tell he's English?

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
March 14, 2006, 07:59
<Asa Lovejoy>
Hugh Laurie's accent is perfect! One would never know he was born in Oxford were it not to be found on the internet. His training in comedy serves him well on this show. It's a fine role for him. He's a curmudgeonly ass whom one loves to hate and hates to love - and the "love interest" on the show does just that!