Wordcraft Community Home Page
Sweden Poll

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/9680029976

October 12, 2015, 21:26
Kalleh
Sweden Poll
Well, yours truly finally got around to posting this poll. I apologize; life has been a bit chaotic lately.1. <BR>Me Girlie had kinfolk in Sweden<BR>Who beset me and left me all bleedin<BR>And after the bruisin<BR>I've stopped all me cruisin<BR>And spend me time readin and weedin.<BR><BR>2.<BR>Played a badminton game up in Sweden<BR>At the shore where the tide was recedin’<BR>A white dove dropped a turd<BR>On my opponent Mr Död<BR>Thus in this losin’ game intercedin’<BR>[see youtube “Die Düva”]<BR><BR>3.<BR>A limerick based upon Sweden?<BR>I want to put "-ist" after "hedon-".<BR>And you'll like the effects<BR>(Though I don't mention "sex")<BR>Only first it should have a good lead-in.<BR><BR>4.<BR>I don’t want a boyfriend from Sweden<BR>With pale face and hairline recedin’<BR>His manner laconic<BR>And faintly ironic<BR>Like the men in the crime books I’m readin’<BR><BR>5.<BR>There once was a fellow from Sweden,<BR>Dear Sven, who kept my heart bleedin'...<BR>He said he was mine - <BR>His lovin' devine!<BR>Though thousands that line he was feedin'!<BR><BR>6.<BR>To her beau said the beauty,from Sweden<BR>“I come from a family with breed'n'.<BR>We're not vulgar or brash<BR>But we've oodles of cash.<BR>You don't want to buy flowers? Then you need'n'!”<BR><BR>7.<BR>Gustav II Adolf of Sweden<BR>Made the place a kind of an Eden <BR>At battle most skilled<BR>Until he was killed <BR>And at Lützen left bleedin'.<BR>See <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustavus_Adolphus_of_Sweden" target="_blank">this.</a><BR><BR>8.<BR>Old Arne Nilsson of Sweden<BR>Is married to Ann-Marit Peden<BR>They've children: eleven<BR>And I know, by heaven,<BR>Their favourite hobby's not readin'1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.
October 13, 2015, 21:25
Kalleh
Number 8 is running ahead (much like the Cubs!).
October 14, 2015, 02:44
BobHale
Which to me seems odd as I have not the faintest idea what it means or even whether those are real people or made up names.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
October 14, 2015, 04:20
haberdasher
I'll take 3 for technical merit, and 8 for artistic merit.

Why do so many of our efforts stumble aurally?
(Did Ogden Nash write any limericks?)
October 14, 2015, 04:29
haberdasher
Under "Ann-Marit Pedin" I find

quote:
Article: Factors Related to Nonadherence to Low Sodium Diet Recommendations in Heart Failure Patients

Article: Drug therapy for heart failure in older patients-what do they want?

Article: Heart failure patients' experiences of a self-management peer support program: A qualitative study

Article: Factors influencing medication adherence in patients with heart failure
Cited in 47 publications:

Article: Negative Thinking and the Mental Health of Low-Income Single Mothers

Know what? I think her favorite hobby IS readin'!
October 14, 2015, 05:46
Geoff
Maybe she read in bed while Ole bred?
October 14, 2015, 11:12
arnie
quote:
Know what? I think her favorite hobby IS readin'!

Or possibly writin'.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
October 14, 2015, 16:20
<Proofreader>
Mrs. Nilsson, a mother in Sweden,
Did succumb to her husbanands' mad pleadin'.
She had children eleven
Though she just wanted seven,
Since her hubby was thorough at seedin'.
October 14, 2015, 18:29
Geoff
[QUOTE]Originally posted by haberdasher:
Under "Ann-Marit Pedin" I find

Isn't "Ann-Marit" a typo? I'd think it should be "Ann-Margrit." I've known Scandinavian women who bore that name.
October 16, 2015, 19:36
Kalleh
Yes, it should be Ann Margrit. Sorry about that. I tried to correct it and would have to reset the poll to do so. Can we all agree that number 8 wins? The winner goes to Geoff! Geoff, we know you don't like to do polls so feel free to just post them all in a thread, and then we'll guess in replies. Congratulations!

Here are the authors:

#1 - Hab
#2 - Bethree
#3 - Hab - drawing a vote!
#4 - Bethree - and another drawing a vote!
#5 - Yours truly
#6 - Bob
#7 - arnie
#8 - Our Big Winner: GEOFF!!!!
October 17, 2015, 07:00
Geoff
I voted for B35's, but agree with Hab that his was technically superior.

Since polls and I do not see aye-to aye, I beg B35 to take this round and choose the next locale.
October 18, 2015, 20:50
Kalleh
Bethree, are you up for it?
October 21, 2015, 08:11
bethree5
Sorry guys no can do just now. Anyone else?
October 21, 2015, 17:49
Geoff
OK, how about Proofreader.
October 23, 2015, 18:29
Geoff
No takers? OK, I'll do it, but sans poll.
October 23, 2015, 20:23
Kalleh
You don't have to do a poll, as I said above. You can just post the limericks, and we'll guess.