Wordcraft Community Home Page
April Fool's Day

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/741603894/m/1070066646

April 01, 2012, 05:45
<Proofreader>
April Fool's Day
The Huffingt9n Post published this today: the Top Ten Pranks (a tually hoaxes).

April 1 is always a bad day at the local zoo for the receptionist. All day long she gets calls asking for Mr. Lyon, Miss Fox, or Ellie Fant. Most of the callers are being hoaxed themselves but that doesn't make it any better for the poor girl answering the phone.
April 01, 2012, 06:46
Geoff
She can refer the Miss Fox callers to Mr Renard at Fox News.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti
April 01, 2012, 07:21
bethree5
Haha, proof! I remember Johnny Carson used to show that spaghetti harvest report periodically
April 01, 2012, 09:39
<Proofreader>
My wife is waiting for the arrival of her Burpee tortellini shrubs.
April 02, 2012, 00:42
Richard English
I received this - http://subaru.im-group.co.uk/g...u58E9D/xHNGVY/cutf-8 - yesterday. Nice try but I didn't fall for it and click on the "details" button since I knew very well what kind of response I would have found...

AF technology...?

Ai Lai...?

Richard English
April 05, 2012, 20:48
Kalleh
Even though it wasn't #1, I still like the spaghetti trees the best. I know we've talked about that here before, but that was brilliant. So funny that people actually tried to buy one. The British people have a great sense of humor!
April 06, 2012, 02:04
Richard English
quote:
Originally posted by Proofreader:
The Huffingt9n Post published this today: the Top Ten Pranks (a tually hoaxes).

April 1 is always a bad day at the local zoo for the receptionist. All day long she gets calls asking for Mr. Lyon, Miss Fox, or Ellie Fant. Most of the callers are being hoaxed themselves but that doesn't make it any better for the poor girl answering the phone.

I nearly gave up waiting for the video to load. Having watched it I wish I had. Apart from the flying penguins and the spaghetti harvest, the video added nothing (apart from time) to the list.

Richard English
April 06, 2012, 20:57
Kalleh
Oh, I thought it was great. Shu and I had seen it before proof posted it.
April 07, 2012, 05:42
<Proofreader>
My wife is upset. Her shrubs arrived but mistakenly was sent ravioli hedges.
April 07, 2012, 08:44
BobHale
Watch those ravioli hedges. They just spread until they're pasta joke.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.