Wordcraft Community Home Page
Definition of "fetal"

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/741603894/m/1270040086

October 19, 2015, 21:06
Kalleh
Definition of "fetal"
We are having quite the debate in Chicago . Our mayor has said that recent accusations, across the nation, of police brutality has made the Chicago police to become ‘fetal’ and not risk engagements with the public that could become viral video sensations. Here's the quote
quote:
"We have allowed our Police Department to get fetal, and it is having a direct consequence. They have pulled back from the ability to interdict … they don't want to be a news story themselves, they don't want their career ended early, and it's having an impact," Emanuel said, according to the Washington Post.

Some have said that "fetal" is not used correctly, though others have said it is used correctly. Thoughts?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalleh,
October 20, 2015, 18:01
Geoff
Seems OK to me.
October 20, 2015, 19:43
BobHale
WHereas it seems so odd to me that I can't even work out what the metaphorical meaning might be.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
October 20, 2015, 22:45
arnie
I assume it means curled up like a foetus, hence not reacting to things. It sounds very odd to me.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
October 21, 2015, 05:54
<Proofreader>
Ia can't recall the exact wording but during a recent episode of Judge Judy, a plaintiff said the defendandant was found in a fecal position, which induced great laughter from the audience.