Wordcraft Community Home Page
Don't use your GPS to store the coordinates of your stash!

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/741603894/m/2631059393

October 20, 2006, 11:15
arnie
Don't use your GPS to store the coordinates of your stash!
Since this is Potpourri I think this post fits best in this section. Cool

See this blog: http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/20/when-growing-pot-don...dinates-in-your-gps/

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
October 23, 2006, 20:49
Kalleh
Wow, 59 years in jail for that. Only in America!

Racine, Wisconsin, is very close to us. He really was a bit foolish, wasn't he?
October 24, 2006, 06:04
Seanahan
quote:
Wow, 59 years in jail for that. Only in America!

That long? Or that short? Because in Afghanistan, they'd cut off your hands.
October 24, 2006, 21:54
Kalleh
59 years for growing marijuana? I'd say the punishment doesn't fit the crime (too long). On the other hand, he only faces 59 years, so maybe he won't get that much. Still, I do think our sentences for some crimes are way overboard.
October 25, 2006, 01:15
Richard English
quote:
That long? Or that short? Because in Afghanistan, they'd cut off your hands.

Simce Afghanistan is one of the worlds main producers of opium I'd be inclined to doubt that - unless they don't want the competition!

Richard English
October 25, 2006, 12:34
neveu
quote:
Simce Afghanistan is one of the worlds main producers of opium

Among other things:Afghanistan is also a big producer of hashish. Sean may be confusing it with another country.
October 26, 2006, 15:57
Seanahan
The Taliban banned opium production, and was known to cut off the hands of people who defied them. Afghanistan is the leading producer of opium, something like 70%, last I read, much higher than when the Taliban where in power.
October 27, 2006, 01:19
Richard English
True. And now that the British and Americans are (nominally at least) in power I don't know why they don't legalise opium production (let's face it, there a great legitimate need for its derivatives) and make sure the job is done properly and the profits go to the legitimate producers and distributors, rather than the warlords.

Richard English
October 31, 2006, 21:00
<Asa Lovejoy>
What are you, Richard, some kind of commie!?!? Wink
November 01, 2006, 00:55
Richard English
quote:
What are you, Richard, some kind of commie!?!?

My suggestion seems to me to be in the true spirit of capitalism, not communism.

Richard English
November 02, 2006, 06:27
zmježd
some kind of commie

I believe the legalization of so-called vices or victimless crimes is more in keeping with those of a libertarian political persuasion than a totalitarian one.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.
November 02, 2006, 08:38
Richard English
quote:
I believe the legalization of so-called vices or victimless crimes is more in keeping with those of a libertarian political persuasion than a totalitarian one.

It's not a question of being a liberarian, it's a question of good business sense. I was suggesting that the growing of opium in Afghanistan be legalised and controlled, as it must already be in many farms. (How would the legitimate users get their supplies otherwise?)

Legalise opium production and the warlords who presently control the industry will be taken out of the equation and everyone (apart from them) will do very much better.

Richard English