Wordcraft Community Home Page
Life-limited

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/741603894/m/6030060666

September 13, 2013, 01:41
arnie
Life-limited
I came just across a euphemism for "dying" that I can't remember hearing before.

At an Underground station someone announced on the PA system that there were charity collectors on the station soliciting funds for a hospice for "life-limited children".

Logically, I suppose, everybody is "life-limited" as we all die eventually, just some will die sooner than others..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arnie,

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
September 13, 2013, 21:00
Kalleh
I hadn't heard of it either, arnie. I looked the phrase up online and mostly "life-limited" things come up, but not people.
September 17, 2013, 08:25
Geoff
That's a new one to me also. Sounds like biological planned obsolescence. I guess it beats calling them short-timers.

There's a common, but different use of "limited:" Want to sell a zillion of something? Call it a Limited Edition. Get yours now while supplies last.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti
September 17, 2013, 12:45
<Proofreader>
A lot of trains were called 'limiteds" Usually express service with few stops. The ones I used often just slowed down enough for you to jump off onto the platform.
September 25, 2013, 20:38
Kalleh
And of course there is "time-limited."