Wordcraft Community Home Page
Seems it's June 8th now

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/741603894/m/943100541

April 22, 2009, 13:49
BobHale
Seems it's June 8th now
Our old friends over at G. L. M. were on TV again this morning, on the BBC, who are the latest ones to be taken in by the "millionth word" question. There was a token statement that "there is some disagreement about the methodology and the way the date has changed" but on the whole they were buying into the whole thing and providing some more publicity for it.

Incidentally, the date that we will now reach the millionth word is June 8th. Nobody mentioned which year.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
April 22, 2009, 15:29
arnie
DC Blog: On the biggest load of rubbish...

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
April 23, 2009, 01:16
Richard English
quote:
Our old friends over at G. L. M. were on TV again this morning, on the BBC, who are the latest ones to be taken in by the "millionth word" question.

I fear the BBC is far from the organisation it once was - especially insofar as accuracy and the checking of facts is concerned. Where once I would have lauded it as the world's finest broadcasting organisation, now I can only really say that it's not too bad and probably better than most.

Rather a shame, really.

Richard English
May 02, 2009, 22:13
Kalleh
quote:
Incidentally, the date that we will now reach the millionth word is June 8th. Nobody mentioned which year.
Oh, Bob, they actually have become very precise: The Million Word Mark will be June 10th, 2009 at 10:22 am (Stratford-on Avon Time)

Such a load of ....!