Wordcraft Community Home Page
The Value of Beauty Queens

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/932607094/m/520100883

November 20, 2009, 19:18
<Proofreader>
The Value of Beauty Queens
It is always entertaining to listen and watch beauty contestants attempt to present and explain their 30-second solutions to vexing problems that defy experts in the subject presented.

But it is also educational since sometimes they entertain us by injecting new words into conversations. Such as Miss California did during an interview when she said, "Donald Trump came out on the stage and meeted with us."

I hope I'll be able soon to toss that word into a discussion.
November 20, 2009, 20:32
tinman
Maybe she meant he meated them.
November 21, 2009, 01:23
Richard English
I am amused by the idea that anyone would watch a beauty contest with the intention of listening to the contestants!

Richard English
November 21, 2009, 20:09
Kalleh
Sometimes I find more than I want to know! I googled around about beauty pageants and found this site: Softpedia?
December 01, 2009, 22:48
wordmatic
I did love the "Are You Being Served" episode on PBS with the beauty pageant among the female staff, in which Mrs. Slocombe declared that her ambitions were to travel and "work with OLD people" (pointedly staring at Captain Peacock)!

Otherwise, I find beauty pageants totally annoying. Roll Eyes

Wordmatic
December 01, 2009, 23:39
Alice02
I guess other contestant mis-pronounced it because of nervous.
December 02, 2009, 07:10
<Proofreader>
quote:
Maybe she meant he meated them.

That would be giving her too much credit for intelligence.
December 02, 2009, 20:43
Kalleh
Oh my. Click on this site, and then watch the first YouTube. She is asked if she'd rather be beautiful or smart...and listen to her answer.
December 05, 2009, 11:16
bethree5
Not bad, actually! .. but she took too long to think of it LOL.