Wordcraft Community Home Page
Communication

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/932607094/m/9646057763

July 09, 2003, 21:16
<Asa Lovejoy>
Communication
What does the above word mean to you? It seems to have myriad implications, and among members of a group I was in today, there were several different opinions as to what it implies and encompasses. Your thoughts, please.
July 10, 2003, 20:54
Kalleh
Asa, without reading a dictionary, my thought is that communication is a way of connecting with people. It can be done in a variety of ways, verbally, nonverbally, written, via the Internet, etc. What were some of the various opinions, Asa?
July 13, 2003, 12:11
Kalleh
I just looked "communication" up in a variety of the online dictionaries, and it is interesting how they focus on different aspects of the word. For example, I completely forgot about its technical use, such as the communication between the outer and inner ear.

Wikipedia was especially interesting. That Encyclopedia states that "communication" can mean 2 conflicting things; it can mean a thoughtful exchange of ideas between a smalll number of people or it can mean a broad dissemination of just a simple message. Interesting concept.

Come on, communicators, how about some replies? Is everyone on vacation(or holiday, depending on your vernacular)?