Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Links for Linguaphiles    Popular Linguistics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Popular Linguistics Login/Join

Picture of arnie
posted
A new site aimed at bringing "language- and linguistics-focused stories and research to the masses". Popular Linguistics

(Tips of the hat to Language Log and Language Hat.)

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10930 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Looks nice!

Posts: 23290 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little language tidbit from MIT: http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/...ml?tr=y&auid=7819295

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 4432 | Location: In a cornfield in central IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
It does make sense that words are long because of the amount of information they contain; I am thinking about scientific words, for example. I hadn't known that people studied the length of words, but I guess people study any and everything.

Posts: 23290 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post