Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TED Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
I am sure that most of you have probably heard of the TED Web site. I hadn't, but am told it's wonderful. Here is a great technology video from MIT that comes from TED. This is what it will be like in the future, believe it or not!

Posts: 23290 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
I have heard about TED, seen some wonderful videos there, and discovered some interesting scientists and artists.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5085 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I'll have to explore it in more depth.

Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
My kids send me TED videos all the time, though I don't follow it routinely, but highly recommend anything posted there.

WM

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's one from TED, but linked through another site: http://wimp.com/linguisticgenius/

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 4432 | Location: In a cornfield in central IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Interesting, Geoff.

Since I first posted that, TED has become very popular around our home. Shu has a TED app on his iPad, and he watches many of their lectures. Some are quite exceptional.

Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
Here's an example of propinquity. I was diverted from one site to that TED lecture and thought it would be a good idea to link it here. But when I started the process, I found Geoff had already posted the same lecture only two or three minutes earlier.

Give a man a fish and he can eat for one day; give a man a fishing pole and he will find an excuse to never work again.
Nollidj is power.

Posts: 5994 | Location: Rhode IslandReply With QuoteReport This Post