Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    New Chat Times!
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Chat Times! Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Anybody up for a chat tomorrow? I'll be there to find out. 12:00 noon, Central time on gmail.

Posts: 23278 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Ah, well. I was there, but no one showed up. I am not surprised because I've been terrible lately about being there.

posted Hide Post
I will go there now. Perhaps I'll find someone. I haven't for some while.

Posts: 4431 | Location: In a cornfield in central IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still there, but alone.

Posts: 4431 | Location: In a cornfield in central IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave up. Nobody else there.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Geoff. It has been a grandmother summer for me. Smile I will try to come tomorrow.

posted Hide Post
I was there again today, but to no avail.

posted Hide Post
I will chat sometime. What days and times do you normally like to chat?

"Wishing in gladness and in safety, may all beings be at ease." ~from the Metta Sutta

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
We must have been there at different times, Geoff. Sorry about that.

Sattva, we chat on Gmail at noon, Central time, on Saturdays. We used to chat on the Wordcraft chat ware, but because some weren't able to access it, we went to Google Chat. We'd love you to join us.

posted Hide Post
I'm parked on the chat right now.

posted Hide Post
Another time when nobody's there.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Ah, well. I had to take the cat to the vet, which reminds me, have you ever had to give a cat a pill? Oh. my. It is awful. I feel like I'm in a tornado every time I have to give it to him. <sigh>

posted Hide Post
I don't have gmail. So, that let's me out. I did try the chat room here a few times but no one was ever in there.

"Wishing in gladness and in safety, may all beings be at ease." ~from the Metta Sutta

posted Hide Post
Sattva, if you'll show up in the chatroom on this site I'll try to connect there in fifteen minutes. I used to have trouble getting into it, but haave since made some changes that might make it possible.

Kalleh aand others, take note!

posted Hide Post
k

posted Hide Post
It worked! Sattva and were able to chat on this site's chat room Smile Thanks, Sattva!

Kalleh, where were you - again!?!?

PS: I let Sue give medicine to all her menagerie. She's pretty good at it.

posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it too, Geoff! Thanks bunches!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, I am sorry I missed you, Sattva. This summer has just been filled with "things." I will try hard to be there this Saturday, though I have an exercise class right before so I am always a few minutes late. Glad you two connected!

posted Hide Post
OK, Kalleh, how about planning to meet at half past the hour? Is that OK with you, Sattva? And let's do it on here instead of Google. Their new setup confuses me. Of course, tying shoelaces confuses me... Roll Eyes

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Sure, we can do it on Wordcraft. Sattva, you will find Chat rooms under Go. Just click Chat rooms and then Wordcraft Chat Room. We'll each have a different color. Of course, we'd like more people to join as well! We'll make it 12:30, Central time, then, Geoff, though I'll have to leave at 1:00. But others can stay.

Looking forward to meeting Sattva and to seeing you again, Geoff! Smile

posted Hide Post
OK!

posted Hide Post
Three of us chattered today. Let's make it five next week, right here on Wordcraft.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
We had a great chat. Wonderful to hear from Sattva, a newbie. Thanks, Geoff and Sattva! Smile

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Let's chat on Wordcraft again tomorrow. I'll be there at 12:30, Central time, and I hope some others will join us.

posted Hide Post
I will probably be around at that time.

posted Hide Post
I was there but nobody else showed up. I'll try again shortly.

posted Hide Post
Still nobody. Fooey.

posted Hide Post
Well, it is 1:00pm here and so that means noon for Kalleh. She said she would be here at 12:30pm. . You're early Geoff Wink

posted Hide Post
Oh, silly me! I gotta remember, when the big hand's on the... Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
Had a nice time chatting with Kalleh and Geoff!

posted Hide Post
How about getting a few more chatterers? Arnie, are you still available? Bob? Proof? Hab? Greg? Anybody???

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
It was fun chatting. I know the timing is bad for Bob. Arnie, you have faded a bit. Ever since you retired, you seem busier than ever. Wink

posted Hide Post
I don't know Arnie (Hi Arnie!), but I have seen that happen to other people. They think when they retire they will have more free time, only to be busier than ever! I hope if you are busy, it is a good busy Smile

Oh, and I am something of a night owl, so if anyone ever wants to talk in the middle of the night for here, I am often awake.

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I tend to take little notice of the time during the day - I'll check in the evening as I'll usually watch TV in prime time, but other times I'll only discover the chat's been missed. If I do happen to notice the time I'll join, but no promises!

Hi sattva! Smile

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10927 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
We'd love it, arnie!

posted Hide Post
I'm not fully retired, but have a hard time knowing what day it is. That's one of the few virtues of having a mobile phone: it lets me know the date and the time along with calls from people wanting to clean out my bank account.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
We'd love it, arnie!

ditto Smile

Oh, but I might not be here tomorrow, not sure at the moment.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Sadly, as I'm in China, whatever time you choose, one of us has to be awake in the middle of the night and at my age I need my sleep.

Posts: 7855 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't be there today since I'm going to an art exhibit. A local sculptor whom I've recently met invited Sue and me to his show.
http://rydenarts.com/

posted Hide Post
Sounds enjoyable!

posted Hide Post
Once again it was just Sattva and me. Kalleh, where were you? Where are the otters? Oh, no, that's "others."

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Ah, well. I was traveling for my job - on my way home from Orlando. Sorry about that. I hope you two had fun.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
Ah, well. I was traveling for my job - on my way home from Orlando. Sorry about that. I hope you two had fun.

Actually, my life is too boring to sustain a good conversation!!!

posted Hide Post
Bah, humbug! 'Tain't so, Sattva!

posted Hide Post
Did I show up too late for the chat? Nobody's there.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
Did I show up too late for the chat? Nobody's there.

Nope, too early, again! Smile

posted Hide Post
Drat! Sorry I missed you. Frown

posted Hide Post
I went early and stayed late, but no one showed up in chat today Frown

posted Hide Post
Oh, NOOO!!! Today is Saturday! Sorry, I forgot. Frown Frown Frown

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Might be Saturday to you mate but it's a logical Thursday to me. What do I mean? Simply this. In China, in most businesses but especially schools they have a very peculiar idea of what the word "holiday" means. Quite often when they have "public holidays" they will be on a Thursday and Friday or a Monday and Tuesday BUT they will require you to make up those days by working on a Saturday and Sunday as if they were the weekdays. I have discussed this endlessly with Chinese colleagues and the conversation goes like this.

Colleague: We have holiday on Thursday and Friday.
Me: Really that's great.
C: Yes. We have to work on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday will be Thursday lessons and SUnday will be Friday lessons.
M: Then it isn't a holiday is it? You just moved the weekend?
C: I don't understand you.
M: We aren't getting a holiday are we?
C: Yes, on Thursday and Friday.
M: But we have to work on Saturday and Sunday.
C: Yes....
M: So how is it a holiday? We have to do the same work just on different days.
C: But you don't have to come on Thursday and Friday when you would usually be here. That's a holiday.
M: But I DO have to come on two days when I wouldn't usually be here.AND that means that I have to work seven days in a row when I usually only have five.
C: But those are different days. Thursday and Friday are holiday.
M: NO! You just moved the weekend.

And round and round it goes. I simply can't convince anyone that shifting regular days off to a different weekday isn't giving anyone a holiday and actually makes things worse not better.

And so yesterday - Saturday on the calendar was really a logical Thursday and today, Sunday on the calendar, is a logical Friday.

Posts: 7855 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post