Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    Solar Eclipse
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Solar Eclipse Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
I don't know if anyone missed me, but Ken and I have been in Carbondale, IL, for the eclipse, and then we took a few extra days off to travel.

The total eclipse was wonderful! If you haven't seen one before, I highly recommend it. Here is my description of it. Ken and I decided not to focus on taking pictures, particularly since we're not photographers Wink, but instead to just watch, savor and remember it. That we did. However, there was a darling 17-year-old who took some magnificent pictures and sent them to us. Here is one on Ken's Facebook page.

I am sorry I was gone for so long, but I'm back now.

Posts: 23290 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
Our view of the eclipse was equivalent to a cloud covering the sun.

Give a man a fish and he can eat for one day; give a man a fishing pole and he will find an excuse to never work again.
Nollidj is power.

Posts: 5994 | Location: Rhode IslandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was the same in Chicago, unfortunately. That's the trouble with spending a lot on travel to see the eclipse. It might be cloudy or rain.

Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
Before the eclipse, a friend mentioned she had bought viewing glasses at a dollar store. I cautioned her they may not be rated for solar viewing and if she wanted to use them the best time would be at midnight. She said, "I can't stay up that late. I have to work."

My wife sat on the porch waiting for the visual effects. She asked me when it would get dark. I hated to tell her the pea had passed five minutes earlier. It was a real dud here.

Give a man a fish and he can eat for one day; give a man a fishing pole and he will find an excuse to never work again.
Nollidj is power.

Posts: 5994 | Location: Rhode IslandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
A dud because of clouds?