Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    Wordcraft Guest Book - 5-Year Anniversary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wordcraft Guest Book - 5-Year Anniversary Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
Sign in please!

I am currently sending out email letters to our registrants, asking people to post a celebratory note for our upcoming 5th Anniversary! If your haven't provided Wordcraft with your email address and would like a copy of the letter, please PM me. I've included some past memories in the letter, and I hope you enjoy them.

Can you believe it? We are 5 years old already. How time flies when you're having fun (well, sometimes not so much fun, too Wink)!

July 13th is the actual date, but I wanted to get these out before I leave for a conference and vacation on July 9th. Please sign in, and we are hoping for a few posts from some of the people who have dropped out over the years. For example, we'd love to hear from CJ over on OEDILF. Or Safi, from France, who posted furiously when he was here, and then left for vacation, never to return. And we've misssed MuseAmuse, from Greece, though she pops in very occasionally. And there are so many more.

But I'd also like to hear from you regulars and you occasionals. What do you like about Wordcraft? How might we improve for the next 5 years? Give us some inspiration for continuing this madness. Wink

I will just say that I've enjoyed all of you so very much. You have become a part of my life, and I treasure each and every one of you. Thank you!

Posts: 23293 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Wordcraft! Long may you continue!

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10930 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can you believe it? We are 5 years old already.

I can't believe it's so short a time. Since I started to post to Wordcraft I have made many new friends, met a surprising number of them, and actually stayed with a few.

And to think that there are those who believe that computers will lead to a community that meets only electronically.

Richard English

Posts: 8037 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Personally I'd still like to see an anniversary anthology of poetry and prose. So far the only one to send me anything is jerry and I'll post that, along with my own contribution later.

If anyone wants to send me anything please do. It doesn't need to be specifically related to the board or the anniversary but something upbeat would be nice as it is a celebratory tribute.

Posts: 7863 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LoriL
posted Hide Post
Happy, happy birthday Wordcraft!

Has it been 5 years? It seems like yesterday that I had a long, long conversation on the phone with Wordcrafter, and he purchased the software to build the strong, tightly-knit but incredibly open-armed community that is Wordcraft. (If I remember rightly, he tried to fix me up with someone, as well! Wink ).

I've enjoyed the various trips to the community, and wish that I had the time to commit. I watch from afar via the daily emails, and every once in a while, have occasion to poke my head in (though I may not always post...)

Thanks for the education, the healthy debate, and the opportunity for me to make the wheels of my brain churn in a slightly different direction. I've enjoyed every brush with all of you!

Posts: 51 | Location: Seattle, WA USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Please keep this thread for "guestbook" entries only. Thanks!

I've moved a couple of posts to a new Anniversary anthology thread.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10930 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
I am certainly very glad to be a part of this community. Sometimes I'm amazed that you let me hang out with all of you - but then I realize that I'm probably the comic relief.

Happy Birthday Wordcraft!

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris J. Strolin
posted Hide Post
Switchily Pitchily
Five-year-old Wordcraft site
Dualpoetically
I sing your praise.

Half a decade gone by
And I cannot deny
You've sustained me in so many ways

Five years old! My goodness, in human years that makes you 18--more than reason enough to go out and get cyber-drunk on your birthday.

Picture of TrossL
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Wordcraft on your five years in cyber space. I have been here hot and heavy and then not at all for long periods of time; and through it all I have always come away with a smile on my face. Favorite memories are Hic's amazing wit, Jerry's silliness, Richard's beer myopia, BobHale's poetry and pictures and Strolin's limericks and DD's. And it wouldn't be the Wordcraft boards without the everpresent Kalleh, the peacemaker, smoothing the ruffled feathers of the divergent sides of arguments.

Posts: 784 | Location: Atlanta, GAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello folks, 5 years! It doesn't seem that long ago, but looking at some old posts I find that I have become evenfatterstan - I've put on another 2 stone. It must be the beer. It's good to see familiar names still batting. I'll come back and make a contribution now and then

Posts: 72 | Location: Morpeth, EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Richard's beer myopia

Myopia? I'd have thought the last thing I could be accused of about beer is short-sightedness!

Strong views, of course; prejudice maybe - but myopia? Surely not.

Richard English

Posts: 8037 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrossL
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, I've always thought myopia meant something like tunnel vision, intolerance of other's views, narrow mindedness, etc. But I meant it in a joking way... sort of... Your views on our fine American beers can sometimes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TrossL,

Posts: 784 | Location: Atlanta, GAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your views on our fine American beers can sometimes be taken this way... don'tcha think?

Never have I criticised a fine American beer on this or any other site. Indeed, I have frequently sung the praises of such wonderful brews as Sierra Nevada, Three Brothers and Goose Island - and many others too.

If you take a look at the Real Beer Pages http://www.realbeer.com/discussions/index.php you'll be able to see for yourself.

What I have done, and still do quite frequently, is to criticise such apologies for beer as Budweiser, Miller and Coors which are not good beers by any standards that beer connoisseurs would use. If you like they are the beer equivalent of wines such as Lambrusco, Asti Spumante and Liebfraumilch - made to be so bland as to offend no-one.

When you come to Wordcraft 2008 you will be able to join the beer enthusiasts for some in-depth sampling!

Richard English

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard English:
made to be so bland as to offend no-one.

that worked well, then. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7863 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
When it comes to vision, I'm a member of the Macular-D Generation.

Posts: 6710 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Fat Stan, where have you been - other than the pub? Big Grin

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Asa.

I've been to the pub for a few years but I stopped drinking a month ago. It's quite strange.

Posts: 72 | Location: Morpeth, EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
It is so great to see you, FatStan. I still remember your posts in our wives thread. If I recall, you rankled a few women. Big Grin

Posts: 23293 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
Happy 5th to Wordcraft! I am relatively new, having only been here a year, but it's a place I visit every single day, glad to have all of you as my new friends!

Long may it wave!

Wordmatic

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post