Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Re: Limerick Game -- Cheyenne
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Limerick Game -- Cheyenne Login/Join

Picture of jerry thomas
posted
WordCrafters are cordially invited to submit Limericks for the current "CHEYENNE" session via PM to me. Thanks!!

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I've been a very busy little girl lately, but I'll get one to you this weekend. If that's too late, I'll just have to sit this one out.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
I'll get you something in the next couple of hours

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
The deadline for submitting Limericks is Sunday night 22 February at midnight.

The winner and new Limerick Leader will be announced on Monday.

~~~ jerry

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Sorry, didn't get back to you, too drunk now. Tomorrow. Promise.

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I will submit something, I promise. I have been rather busy recently and today have an exam paper and assignment to write.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
My Limerick Bin now contains contributions from Proofreader, Kalleh, and Richard English, plus a lot of empty space, as we patiently await yours.

... and you're right, Richard, the stress is on the ultimate syllable, whether Cheyenne refers to the city or to the Indian tribe.

While we wait, here's a bonus Limerick ...

Arapaho, Ute, or Cheyenne,
Whatever the source of the clan,
In their gardener's mood
They produce lots of food,
And what they can't eat, they can.

Here's another:

A cowboy who lives in Cheyenne
Has a zoo with an interesting plan;
There are bats and rats
Wombats and pussy cats
And an authentic orangutan.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jerry thomas,

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
You should have mine now jerry

Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
I do have yours now, Bob.

Thanks.

~~~~~ jerry

<Proofreader>
posted
It's so nice to relax in Wyoming
And to sit with a girl in the gloaming
Where we play "Yellow Pages",
A game for all ages,
Where your fingers do all of the roaming.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Ah...I see you are participating in his game. Wink

posted Hide Post
I see. So aren't girls' fingers allowed to roam in Wyoming? I'm never going there, then!

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
For two weeks I expected slow death
And awaited with hope my last breath.
But good Dr. Leadbetter
Has made me feel much better
By prescribing crack with crystal meth.

finally recovered from a cold so awesome even my toes were sneezing.

Picture of stella
posted Hide Post
I'm really glad you’re feeling better and back in form, proof. Can’t say the same for my Mum, unfortunately. She is slipping away and nothing anyone can do. I don't have the heart for writing limericks myself but yours made me smile this morning.

<Proofreader>
posted
I'm very sorry to hear your mother is unimproved, Stella. I certainly hope that situation changes for the better. I can only imagine what you are going through if that atrocity of mine (especially L5) is a cheering proposition.

Please accept my best wishes and hopes for her swift recovery.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Stella, so sorry for all you must be going through. We will keep you and your mother in our thoughts and prayers. I am glad that Proof was able to put a smile on your face, though. Limericks will do that, won't they?

Take care of yourself. Sometimes we forget to do that when we're caring for others.

posted Hide Post
Having lost my own mother last year, the memory of that tells me what, too, are going through right now.

No matter how much our brains tell uf of the inevitability of death, our hearts always find it hard to accept.

Richard English

Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
caterwauller
In Wyoming, a town named Cheyenne,
The chefs have come up with a plan
To add flavor and zing
To every thing
Now the gardeners all grow cayenne!

Proofreader
A sky-diver (nude) in Cheyenne
Announced, proudly, "This is my plan:
To have sex a mile high
With a friend in the sky
And no plane between earth and my man.

Proofreader
It's so nice to relax in Wyoming
And to sit with a girl in the gloaming
Where we play "Yellow Pages",
A game for all ages,
Where your fingers do all of the roaming.

Proofreader
Through the streets of a town called Cheyenne,
As I was casing girls passing my van
I picked up really quick
This adorable chick
Who asked, “Are you a breast or a thigh man?"

Kalleh
This cowboy who lived in Cheyenne
Told his girl that he had a big plan:
"Let's romp in the straw,
And your breasts I will paw!"
She slapped him...and then they began!

Richard English
When I first met a sexy Cheyenne
My feelings of lust they began.
But my urges soon fled
When she smiled and then said
"I'll tell you I'm just a shy Anne."

BobHale
There once was a man of Cheyanne
Who said to his girl, sweet Suzanne,
"I know my technique
Is quite simple and weak
But I'm doing the best that I can."

BobHale
Said Suzanne, to her man, in Cheyenne,
"It's true that your lovemaking plan
Never goes like a dream
And to some it might seem
That you finished before you began."

The winner is ... ... Bob Hale !!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
The winner is ... ... Bob Hale !!!

A worthy winner!

Richard English

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Thank you kindly.
I shall consider the next location.
You will have a full week to send entries although I may be a bit slow on reminders as we're having a college inspection which is taking a lot of my attention.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, Bob. I will get one to you.

Picture of stella
posted Hide Post
I'm not too sure where to post this so I'll tack it on to the end of this thread where I first mentioned my mother's illness.

Thanks to everyone for your kind messages. Mum died at the end of Feb and though it was a relief in many ways, somehow I haven’t been able to find the motivation to put my mind to wordy pastimes. Soon I’m off on a trip for a few weeks and then I hope to be back with renewed inspiration.

Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
When my second wife was dying I overheard her saying to a helpful Hospice person, "I'm dying."

The reply, worthy of thought, "All of us are."

~~~~ jerry

posted Hide Post
Hello Stella,

Sorry to learn of your bad news. One thing that I have found, having lost my own mother at the end of last year, is that the memory of her final years, when she was not really the same person that I had known for over 60 years, is already beginning to fade and I am now remembering all the good times we had.

That will happen for you, I feel sure; memories are wonderful things.

Richard English

Picture of stella
posted Hide Post
Thanks for those lovely thoughts, Richard. It’s true that Mum’s difficulties (she had dementia) overshadowed the wonderful person she had been throughout her life, and now we can remember her as she really was.

posted Hide Post
My mother had dementia too. And she had a magnificent brain before the illness set in. When she was in her early 80s she took an Open University course and obtained a Master's Degree - which would be a fine achievement for anyone, let alone an eighty year old.

We three siblings are now in the sad process of selling her house and effects (she was the last of that generation) and that itself has brought back so many memories, both of her, my father and my stepfather - now all dead.

Richard English

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your recent loss, Stella. I hope the trip does you good. And Richard I can imagine what you and your siblings are going through. Mourning is a long process.

Dementia is such a sad and strange illness, isn't it? I lost my mom-in-law to it in 2003 and I think of her often. She made it to 83, and officially had Alzheimer's for her last 10 yrs. She was a fun-loving person, and had a certain tartness, and a degree of stubbornness which she could easily be teased out of in her prime. You could trace the advance of the illness in the exaggeration of those last two characteristics. Toward the end though, she became gentle and childlike, and it was easier to comfort her. She never forgot a tune.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stella
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your kind words, bethree. Thankfully Mum could remember all of us to the end, though she did slip back into a kind of childhood as your mother in law did. In her last days she could still identify everyone in her primary school class photos by name though couldn’t remember what she said 5 minutes ago. In some ways it felt like she had gone full circle in her life.

I feel for you too, Richard. There’s a big gap left when the generation before you has passed on. And I know the bitter sweetness of sorting through your parent’s belongings - happy memories and sadness rolled up together. It is lovely to have siblings at times like this.

On a happier note - our upcoming trip takes us to Chicago and I’m going to meet up with Kalleh and Shu!! How cool is that?! Smile

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool! We can't wait!