Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Practising?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Practising? Login/Join

Picture of arnie
posted
A couple of weeks ago there was a serious fire in some utilities access tunnels in the street where I work. No-one was injured and buildings are all untouched but work has been going on ever since to repair the damage in the tunnels. Several times I've noticed a small van parked in the street; inside are four guys crammed in at the front peering out at the rest of the world. On the side of the van is written 'CONFINED SPACE RESCUE AND SAFETY TEAM'. Maybe they are practising being in confined spaces?

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
That is so funny, arnie! I hadn't even known about confined space rescue teams before seeing this, but there's a lot about it on the Internet. There is even a Wikipedia page about it.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post