Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    This is just too true...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is just too true... Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted

Posts: 7972 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Just hilarious, Bob. Isn't it the truth? I can understand Facebook keeping people in touch, but I really can't understand Twitter where the messages seem so trite. Each to his or her own, I guess.

Posts: 23642 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I've not been on Twitter - but if the banality of the conversations is as suggested I don't think I'll bother.

I seems to be a fact that most conversations are rather banal - be they online or in the pub.

Richard English

Posts: 8037 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Is the converse of a conversation a proversation?

Asa, who prefers his twitters coming from birds

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is the converse of a conversation a proversation?

Only if it contains proverbs (as opposed to converbs).

Posts: 6710 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
When did people start to "conversate", instead of "talk"?

Give a man a fish and he can eat for one day; give a man a fishing pole and he will find an excuse to never work again.
Nollidj is power.

Posts: 6194 | Location: Rhode IslandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
Somebody I know says, "I don't twitter. I often twitch, but I don't twitter."

That says it all for me.

Wordmatic

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Converse is a brand of athletic shoe. Does Twitter smell as perverse as Converse?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
Perverse is the limerick game

Give a man a fish and he can eat for one day; give a man a fishing pole and he will find an excuse to never work again.
Nollidj is power.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Proofreader:
When did people start to "conversate", instead of "talk"?

Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
Amazing. I thought it was more recent than that.

Nollidj is power.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I didn't know conversate is an actual word. Have you heard it is used? The sources I read said it was slang.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
I didn't know conversate is an actual word. Have you heard it is used? The sources I read said it was slang.

Slang words are still words. There's a blog called Conversate is not a word, which ironically plays sound files of many examples of the word conversate - or at least it used to.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
That was an interesting site. I just got caught up in doing a quiz to see "How Dumb are You?" I got all done (fun questions!), and they wanted my name, address, and phone number before I could get my results. Of course I wasn't about to give that, so I quit. Too bad because I would have liked to have seen my results!

Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
quote:
they wanted my name, address, and phone number before I could get my results. Of course I wasn't about to give that, so I quit.

Couldn't you lie?

Nollidj is power.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Yes, I could have, I suppose. That's why I am not good on the Internet. I am not a good liar.

I really wanted to know how dumb I am though. It was one of those quizzes where all the questions were trick questions.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I just tried, but they could tell I was lying. Oh well. I probably don't want to know how dumb I am anyway!

Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
At least you're not dumb enough to fall for their ploy.

Nollidj is power.

Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
I stumbled on this thread and it led me to this one.

Nollidj is power.