Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WoBoGro    Nathan Bierma's book
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nathan Bierma's book Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
You probably all remember my posting, from time to time, about Nathan Bierma's "On Language" column in the Tribune. Unfortunately, with all the cost-cutting at newspapers, his column was cut. He was linguistically talented and posted some interesting articles. I received this email from him today and am passing it along. I intend to buy the book:

Dear Readers of my former "On Language" column,

I'm excited to announce a new book collection of the best of "On Language"!

The Eclectic Encyclopedia of English: Language at its Most Enigmatic, Ephemeral, and Egregious, as Observed in 'On Language'
by Nathan Bierma
published by William, James & Company, 2009
ISBN: 1590282094

I enjoyed reading back through some old favorites: the origins of the alphabet, the mythology of 'solecism,' the scam of 'esquivalience,' the logic of 'beg the question,' the syntax of Yoda, and many more. I hope you do too!

You can order the book or view an excerpt at my website:

www.nathanbooks.com/eclectic

Please help me spread the word by telling a friend about the book, and by asking a bookstore near you to get it in stock. Thanks!

Lexically,

Nathan

Posts: 23277 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post