Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WoBoGro    Ideas for Holiday books?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ideas for Holiday books? Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
I am looking for holiday books for my family. Any ideas?

Posts: 23642 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4686 | Location: In a cornfield in central IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I bought some good ones, I think. But my favorite was Shu's: "Weapons of Math Destruction." I think he is going to love it!

posted Hide Post
Math destruction? For years I thought an algebra was a mermaid's top.

Posts: 4686 | Location: In a cornfield in central IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
My personal favorite is The Incineration of Frosty the Snowman.

Give a man a fish and he can eat for one day; give a man a fishing pole and he will find an excuse to never work again.
Nollidj is power.

Posts: 6194 | Location: Rhode IslandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
My daughter bought me "Code Girls" for Hanukkah - can't wait to start it!

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Thinking over my recent book-club book reads, Kalleh, there was not a one I'd recommend for a holiday gift. The only one I thought was thoughty & kind of uplifting was "Another Brooklyn" by Jacqueline Woodson. It's a poetic meditation on a Southern black girl's adolescence in Bkln, which ties psychologically back into Carolina early youth & why they left.

Posts: 2130 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post