Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    Wordcraft Gathering in April '07: Chicago
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wordcraft Gathering in April '07: Chicago Login/Join

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
quote:
You see, it's statements like this that would scare me away.

I think it's important for people to realise that they are taking on a commitment and a commitment that they must follow through. If everyone leaves leave things so someone else then nothing will happen.

There is no shame attached to those who are afraid that they won't be able to devote the time and effort; it's better that they don't volunteer than that they volunteer and then don't carry the job through.

The idea of having a "menu" of attractions is a good one and it is one that another organisation I belong to uses. But this does depend on the numbers involved. With a dozen or so it's easy enough to sort out things "on the hoof"; with twice that number then more pre-planning is needed; with four time that number then serious planning is needed.

At this stage, though, there is need for nothing more than an idea of dates, location and coordinating member(s). But until we get a date sorted the even is nothing more than a wish. Once the date is fixed then it's a fact and it will happen.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post