Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    Proofreader
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proofreader Login/Join

posted
Very sad news: Barry Nord, A.K.A. Proofreader, died on June 16th. I'll miss him.

Posts: 5117 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for finding out for us Geoff. As you know, I had been worried about him. I am sorry too and will miss him a lot. He had some very funny and lighthearted posts. On the other hand, his knowledge of language showed a depth of understanding that rivaled anyone here. He was a talented limerick writer besides, especially with those off-color ones. And of course he never kept his political views a secret. Wink

I will miss him dearly. Thanks again, Geoff, for following up on my hunch that he was sick.

Posts: 24123 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Oh, no, I am so sad about that. I'm sorry I didn't know how sick he was, but I expect he wanted it that way. I will dearly miss him.

Posts: 2315 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't really get a chance to get to know Proofreader. I think he was pretty ill by the time I joined. I wish I could have known him better.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Sad news indeed. He will be greatly missed around here.

Posts: 8392 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I'm late to this news as I missed visiting WC for a while. I will miss him.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most pleased to see you back, arnie!

Posts: 5117 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I missed seeing arnie here. We hope you are doing well, arnie, and hope you'll stop by from time to time.

As for Proof, there is a thread here where he was the last poster, and I am so hesitant to post after him. I suppose in time that will change.

Posts: 24123 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post