Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    Why can't we edit any more?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why can't we edit any more? Login/Join

Picture of C J Strolin
posted
For some reason, the little icon which allows us to edit our posts now disappears just a second or two after you open up a thread. What's up with this?? Can I assume that everyone is experiencing this? Or maybe not... I'm babysitting at my daughter's home at the moment so possibly the fault lies with her gear?? It does seem to provide a much more herky-jerky service than I am used to.

As someone who thoroughly admits to being imperfect but who does at least aspire to greatness (writing-wise and/or otherwise) in my own semi-humble way, that editing function is essential!

Posts: 1517 | Location: Illinois, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
CJ, I haven't had problems with it. I agree, the editing icon is absolutely necessary for me, too! I will watch for the problem.

Posts: 24131 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
As someone who tends to edit almost every post he makes, I agree that the editing function is essential. I've not experienced any problems with it however.

CJ, if you hover your mouse pointer where the "Edit" icon should be, does it change to a hand? It might be that the graphic is not loading properly on the machine you are using. If you click where the icon should be, you should be able to edit the post.

Edit: just testing... Works OK

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C J Strolin
posted Hide Post
Testing... testing.

OK, seems to be straightened out now. I was babysitting last night (Don't get me started - My grandkids are to children in general what British beer is to beverages!) and the problem appears to have something to do with my daughter's software. Her email has been wonkey lately as well.

So... False alarm, everyone. Sorry if I startled anyone.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Illinois, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post