Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hi Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone!
It has been over a week since anyone has posted. So, I thought I might say hi and ask how everyone is doing, and what they are doing?

It is snowing here today, ---the first snow of the season! It's so pretty! They called for 5-8 inches of the white stuff and it looks as if we are going to get it.

I am going to go from this site and order a few Christmas presents online. I am actually close to being done!

What would you all like to give and receive this holiday season? I have a friend who says, "Take one holiday at a time", but those of us on fixed and limited incomes have to start early, and I also will have a package to mail to my favorite nephew and his family who are in Germany. They just had a new baby boy two weeks ago, and they have a daughter who was 3 in July.

I plan on having their presents ready to mail out at the beginning of December, if not before then. I am buying almost everyone at least one book this year, including them. I hope to get some books, as well. My son had a list of nothing but books! That makes me smile. His wife, also, had two books on her list, as well.

Hope you all are having a good day/night. Be well and happy!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I have been traveling a lot for work and apologize for not being here in the last few weeks. Geoff gave me a nudge - I'll try to be better!

Your Christmas list sounds perfect, Sattva. I always make sure everyone on my list (Hanukkah) gets a book, especially the kids - who get more than one. This has been my "matching" year, where I am getting my granddaughter (2) a matching apron with her dad and matching pjs with her mom - and I bought her mom yellow sunglasses, just like hers. I am ordering the aprons from Etsy, which is a favorite place of mine. I ordered Vivian a matching hat and scarf from there that was handmade in the UK, and it is adorable.

Others?

Posts: 24137 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, the matching idea sounds fun, Kalleh!

Speaking of matching. I bought this book for two people, and this book for two people. One of the people, will receive both books.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sattva,

posted Hide Post
Being a curmudgeon, I eschew giving just because "everyone does it" at a given time. Give, yes, but do it spontaneously, as the need and/or desire arises.

Posts: 5131 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I love to give gifts, but sometimes I do feel it becomes more about ordering gifts, like, "I want this book;" or "I want a blue sweater to match my new pants;" etc.

Posts: 24137 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
I love to give gifts, but sometimes I do feel it becomes more about ordering gifts, like, "I want this book;" or "I want a blue sweater to match my new pants;" etc.

Of course in England if you went out in your matching sweater and pants you would certainly get stares and might get arrested.

Posts: 8401 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post