Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    Gonna be gone (yet again)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gonna be gone (yet again) Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
Next weekend I fly back to England. I'll be there for three weeks and then returning to China but not, at first, to my apartment and my computer. First I have to do a few days down in Yangshuo where I won't have my computer.

During that whole period I may have occasional computer access but don't count on it.

I'll be here regularly until Friday (my Friday that is, not yours) but then I'll be on my merry way.

Posts: 8392 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Enjoyyour sojourn, Bob!

Posts: 2315 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope your visit home will be a good one.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Leaving my apartment right now...

Posts: 8392 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
BOB! BOB! You left the iron on!

Give a man a fish and he can eat for one day; give a man a fishing pole and he will find an excuse to never work again.
Nollidj is power.

Posts: 6194 | Location: Rhode IslandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's probably OK. He'll probably not need his golf clubs while he's in Old Blighty.

Posts: 5117 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Have a wonderful time, Bob, and don't forget to drink a few of those delicious cask beers!

Posts: 24123 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of being gone, has Bethree5 gone forever? And where's Sattva?

posted Hide Post
Sattva is in a nursing home/rehab center. For the second time in a few months I almost died. Yesterday, I had over 50 staples removed from my head and I had no recollection of the doctor who put them in or in his doing that. I got to fly in a helicopter, too. Unfortunately, I don't remember that, my son's presence or friends, but all and all it is a good thing, because I am alive.

posted Hide Post
Wow!!! Welcome back among the living!!! Glad you made it!

Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
The best illness is one you don't know you had until you're recovering. I speak from personal experience. Keep working on your health, S.

Give a man a fish and he can eat for one day; give a man a fishing pole and he will find an excuse to never work again.
Nollidj is power.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, Sattva. I am just reading this now. How awful - but I am glad you are alive. 50 staples! Did you have an accident?

posted Hide Post
I was sitting on one of these and it wasn't locked totally. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dri...651386&wl13=&veh=sem . This collapsed on me.

This is what happened.
my brain

Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
I was really surprised to learn how you were injured. I have such a walker except it seems a bit sturdier than those pictured from Walmart. I think I'll install seatbelts and and other crash aids.

Nollidj is power.

posted Hide Post
I'm suspicious on any product that uses the prefixes, nitro, as yours did, or turbo. "Nitro" means containing nitrogen, a prime constituent of fertilizer. That explains Walmart's advertising.

I hope you've got a good lawyer!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Proofreader:
I was really surprised to learn how you were injured. I have such a walker except it seems a bit sturdier than those pictured from Walmart. I think I'll install seatbelts and and other crash aids.
This happened with my dad. The difference was his happened on carpeted floor. Mine happened on tile over concrete.

posted Hide Post
I am still trying to piece things together. This happened on January 31st. Surgery was the next day. I have at least a few days of complete memory loss and and longer with partial memory. I am getting a lot of rehab now, including cognitive rehab. Today, they tested my balance and it is improving. We played Scrabble today, too. My speech is no longer slurred. This has been a Hell of an experience. Friends and family have been stellar!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sattva,

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, my gosh. That is just terrible. A walker like that is supposed to help people, not injure them. Has the company apologized and offered to pay for everything? If not, are there any lawsuits in the horizon?

One thing we've found with medical errors is that when the health care team apologizes, people are much less likely to sue. The problem is it's a vicious cycle. The lawyers worry about a lawsuit so they advise the health care team not to say anything so the patient gets mad and sues.

posted Hide Post
I didn't make sure it was locked. So, I am not suing. I haven't contacted the company, but that's agood idea to give them info.

Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
My walker (which was given me) is well-made. It's even better since I customized it with tinted windows, racing stripes, GPS and radar detector, hot tub and air-conditioning.

Nollidj is power.

posted Hide Post
Your symptoms are similar to mine back in 1991. Alas, cognitive rehab never got me back to my previous self, I hope yours works better!

posted Hide Post
Proofy, you got me at hot tub. Geoff, I don't have as far to come back as you did. Big Grin I am hopeful.

posted Hide Post
Today, I got excited at locking my wheelchair and hanging up my coat. I am being careful. I remember what it was like to run and play with no concerns. Wasn't it wonderful?!

Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
I spent 35 days in bed without leaving it. My muscles severely atrophied and rehab worked to a point but I guess my age was a significant factor in recovery. I'm disappointed that I was just rejected for a 5K race -- and it was Special Olympics.

Nollidj is power.

posted Hide Post
hugs!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
And hugs to you, too, Sattva. Are you gaining your strength back? Clearly your cognition is good. Such a weird accident. Life is full of surprises!

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the hug! I feel like cognition is a little down and I did lose several weeks of awareness. They are really working me hard in this facility!