Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    Welcome new Wordcrafters!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Welcome new Wordcrafters! Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
I just went through about 50 applications* for our site and have welcomed quite a few newbies. Now, in all fairness, about half of them were spammers (verified by a website that arnie had introduced me to) so of course they were not approved. But I am hoping a few newbies will be joining us.

Newbies, we hope you will pull up a chair and stay awhile!

*Arnie used to do approve our new members, but he hasn't been around lately - and I had completely forgotten about this administration function. Roll Eyes

Posts: 24285 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
If any of the newcomers Kalleh has invited decided to come along I would say, in addition to welcome, that they should check the archive to see how active we used to be and the kind of topics we discussed and not be put of by the recent slow activity. We would all like to get back to the heady days of our best language discussions and with your help we can.

Posts: 8564 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second Bob's words!

Of late I've heard or seen several words whose meanings have changed, and I'd love to have a good group here to discuss them. For instance, is media now singular? Does woke now replace awakened? Is it now an adjective? Is the UK term bespoke usurping the American term, custom? C'mon, folks, help me out!

Posts: 5343 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post