Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Harvard Business School's Poets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harvard Business School's Poets Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
I am at a conference where Daniel Pink is speaking about why right-brainers will rule the world in the future. I very much enjoyed his talk and talking with him, having read some of his books.

In his "A Whole New Mind" he writes about 80 something old Sidney Harman who is a very successful businessman. Harman says he doesn't find it all that valuable to hire MBAs. Instead, he says, " Get me some poets as managers. Poets are our origninal systems thinkers. They contemplate the world in which we live and feel obliged to interpret and give expression to it in a way that makes the reader understand how that world turns. Poets, those unheralded systems thinkers, are our true digital thinkers. It is from their midst that I believe we will draw tomorrow's new business leaders."

Now that's an interesting thought!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Hey I wonder if there's room for limerick-writers? perhaps as small businessmen? Smile

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post