Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Who cares about English? Panel discussion recording
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who cares about English? Panel discussion recording Login/Join

Picture of arnie
posted
A video of a discussion on English if you've got an hour and a bit to spare.

http://englishagenda.britishco...discussion-recording

(Hat-tip: Stan Carey,)

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I don't have time tonight, but definitely I am going to listen to it. John Simpson is on the panel! Remember when we met him during a Wordcraft Gathering? That was so fun!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
He's lost a little hair since then. Wink

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I still have that picture of him, with Bob, arnie, Richard, Richard's wife and Shu in our family room. That was so fun meeting him. I'll always remember the look on his face when I asked him if he'd please put "epicaricacy" into the OED.

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Here he is with us in Oxford.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1...#4988721306386366482

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, thank you, arnie! I love my picture as well.

Our organization once had a facilitator who asked us to bring in something that would represent another part of our life, besides work. I brought in that picture, and it caused quite the conversation!