Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Limericks, national
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limericks, national Login/Join

posted
Did anyone see the Washington Post on Sunday? The little contest involving limericks-a-la-OEDILF was published.

Posts: 6271 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris J. Strolin
posted Hide Post
Counting the Honorable Mentions which were posted on the website (click on "More Honorable Mentions") Wordcrafter regulars and semi-regulars who "got ink" (The Post's term) included Bob Hale, Richard English, Tim Alborn, Chris Doyle, Virge, and myself. Congrats to all and, more than that, to all who entered.

There were a few more OEDILFers named, plus there might have been another Wordcrafter or two as well that I'm not aware of. All Post entries had to have the entrant's actual name attached and, as you know, not every poster on the net uses his or her real name. If I've missed someone, my apologies and well done all!

Picture of Hic et ubique
posted Hide Post
Louis, a/k/a hic, blushes mildly.

posted Hide Post
I sent five entries and was told that not a single one of them arrived.

Posts: 915 | Location: IowaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A day late and a dollar short

Two days late, actually.

Like you, Chris, I hadn't seen the pre-existing thread when I started this one.

Posts: 6271 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I sent five entries and was told that not a single one of them arrived.

That's it! They didn't get mine...that's why I didn't win! Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
however, this morning I must eat crow. Because they sent me back all my limericks, together with an invitation to join OEDILF.

I looked over the winners and honorable mention, and while the winner was actually quite remarkable they would have to go a long way to convince me on some of the honorable mentions. A few were way off on beat, and one had an erroneous syllable count.

Additionally there are two points on which I agree completely with Kalleh: the lack of women given mention was glaring. And why honorable mention to the same person five times?

Posts: 915 | Location: IowaReply With QuoteReport This Post