Wordcraft Community Home Page
Limerick Game Poll: Rhyl

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/2310006176

May 28, 2014, 18:35
BobHale
Limerick Game Poll: Rhyl
1<BR>Still keen to thrill his Jill from Rhyl,<BR>Phil found his "Bill" would no more fill.<BR>When the dildo daddled<BR>Old Phil was addled -<BR>A bitter Pill gave Jill her thrill.<BR><BR>2<BR>In Wales I had quite a thrill<BR>In a seaside resort town called Rhyl.<BR>I met a great guy<BR>We had sex on the fly<BR>And then he was off to Brazil. <BR><BR>3<BR>Night fishermen picking in Rhyl <BR>Go starkers and harvest a thrill,<BR>Baring mussels and cockles<BR>And causing debacles<BR>As local gals screech loud and shrill. <BR><BR>4<BR>The food fish way up in Welsh Rhyl <BR>Isn’t tuna nor naught with a gill<BR>They call it a cockle<BR>It tastes like pig’s knockle<BR>It’s killer when fried on the grill. <BR><BR>5<BR>A seamstress a-sewing in Rhyl <BR>Was stiffed on presenting her bill.<BR>"Though my fingers ooze pain,<BR>All my work was in vain.<BR>That's the last time I sew Kalleh's twill."<BR><BR>6<BR>There was a young man from Rhyl, <BR>Who swallowed an explosive pill.<BR>His bollocks went clang,<BR>His goolies went bang,<BR>And his dick shot over a hill!<BR><BR>7<BR>On a journey to beautiful Rhyl <BR>My toothache became very shrill.<BR>I went to a dentist<BR>(I hope no apprentice!)<BR>Who said, "Drill and we'll drill and then fill!" <BR><BR>8<BR>Went up to the beaches of Rhyl <BR>With my thrill of the month, Joanie Jill.<BR>She got into the pockles<BR>Where I keeps my cockles<BR>And I am still paying the bill. <BR><BR>9<BR>Bill and Jill ran a still up in Rhyl. <BR>Near the mill, empty bottles they'd fill.<BR>This booze some though was great;<BR>Others viewed it with hate<BR>And complained that it tasted like swill.<BR><BR>10<BR>I must live in our old house in Rhyl, <BR>The decrepit estate on the hill.<BR>You can laugh. It's not funny.<BR>If I leave, I lose money.<BR>It's stated quite plain in Dad's will.Which is your choice.12345678910

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
May 28, 2014, 20:48
Kalleh
Wow, those are really great. This selection is going to be hard! Love the one about Kalleh! Smile
May 29, 2014, 20:18
<Proofreader>
Someone has to vote and break the tie.
May 29, 2014, 20:38
Kalleh
It's always so interesting. I wrote two and much preferred one over the other. Yet the one I liked least got a vote. It's also interesting how sometimes one will be a slam dunk, though other times (like now) the votes are all over the place.
June 02, 2014, 04:25
BobHale
Here are the authors

1 Greg
Still keen to thrill his Jill from Rhyl,
Phil found his "Bill" would no more fill.
When the dildo daddled
Old Phil was addled -
A bitter Pill gave Jill her thrill.

2 Kslleh
In Wales I had quite a thrill
In a seaside resort town called Rhyl.
I met a great guy
We had sex on the fly
And then he was off to Brazil.

3 bethree5
Night fishermen picking in Rhyl
Go starkers and harvest a thrill,
Baring mussels and cockles
And causing debacles
As local gals screech loud and shrill.

4 bethree5
The food fish way up in Welsh Rhyl
Isn’t tuna nor naught with a gill
They call it a cockle
It tastes like pig’s knockle
It’s killer when fried on the grill.

5 proofreader
A seamstress a-sewing in Rhyl
Was stiffed on presenting her bill.
"Though my fingers ooze pain,
All my work was in vain.
That's the last time I sew Kalleh's twill."

6 arnie
There was a young man from Rhyl,
Who swallowed an explosive pill.
His bollocks went clang,
His goolies went bang,
And his dick shot over a hill!

7 Kalleh
On a journey to beautiful Rhyl
My toothache became very shrill.
I went to a dentist
(I hope no apprentice!)
Who said, "Drill and we'll drill and then fill!"

8 bethree5
Went up to the beaches of Rhyl
With my thrill of the month, Joanie Jill.
She got into the pockles
Where I keeps my cockles
And I am still paying the bill.

9 proofreader
Bill and Jill ran a still up in Rhyl.
Near the mill, empty bottles they'd fill.
This booze some though was great;
Others viewed it with hate
And complained that it tasted like swill.

10 proofreader
I must live in our old house in Rhyl,
The decrepit estate on the hill.
You can laugh. It's not funny.
If I leave, I lose money.
It's stated quite plain in Dad's will.

And the winner is number 3 penned by bethree5, which, had it come down to it, would also have got my deciding vote.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
June 02, 2014, 21:07
Kalleh
Congratulations, Bethree! The baton is yours.
June 03, 2014, 05:44
<Proofreader>
My typo in L3 of number 9 9thought) was fatal.
June 03, 2014, 17:56
Geoff
I voted for #10.
June 03, 2014, 21:10
Kalleh
I had to vote for Proof's Kalleh limerick.
June 04, 2014, 03:15
arnie
As a very irregular contributor, I was pleasantly surprised that mine (6) got a vote.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
June 04, 2014, 03:38
Greg S
As a very regular contributor, I was disappointed that mine (1) didn't get a vote.

Regards Greg
June 04, 2014, 05:34
<Proofreader>
quote:
As a very regular contributor, I was disappointed that mine (1) didn't get a vote.

If at first you don't succeed, cheat.
June 04, 2014, 06:19
Greg S
quote:
If at first you don't succeed, cheat.

Hmm - now how could I have done that I wonder? Ah yes of course a secret late vote for my own when the contest is already over, would have done it I guess. But I'd probably end up feeling even worse, so no point really. Just have to come up with a better limerick next time.

Regards Greg
June 04, 2014, 09:42
<Proofreader>
Last year my computer crashed but I had saved all my files on another drive. When I bought the next money-eater, I tried to load my old Pagemaker program (which is what my files need to run) only to learn that Adobe decided not to support the program. So Windows 8 rejected it and there seemingly was no way to salvage the old files except to buy the next version at a ridiculous price. Yesterday I learned that there is a windows text editor that brings the text to life but with extensive editing.

I managed to save all my old limericks and the most obvious feature from five years ago is just how bad they were. I'm thinking of publishing them in a book as bad examples of how to write limericks.
June 04, 2014, 09:52
bethree5
quote:
Originally posted by arnie:
As a very irregular contributor, I was pleasantly surprised that mine (6) got a vote.
And I'd vote for it again. The last line is hiLARious.
June 04, 2014, 09:58
bethree5
Will post a new location as soon as I think of one
June 04, 2014, 20:55
Kalleh
arnie, I almost voted for yours.

Greg, I loved your rhymes and so wanted to make the meter work. I read it a number of times, even aloud, but I just couldn't make it work.
June 05, 2014, 05:28
<Proofreader>
quote:
And his dick shot out over a hill!

It needed the "out" or some other word to make the meter work.
June 05, 2014, 19:22
Tom
quote:
.....I'm thinking of publishing them in a book as bad examples of how to write limericks.

Hey, I think I already studied that book....and before it was written, no less.
June 05, 2014, 19:50
<Proofreader>
quote:
Hey, I think I already studied that book....and before it was written, no less.

Those that can't do, teach. Those that can do write limericks.
June 05, 2014, 20:46
Kalleh
I think I can do - and I teach, too. Razz