Wordcraft Community Home Page
Bluffing Game Rules

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/395103595

July 04, 2004, 08:42
Kalleh
Bluffing Game Rules
I have decided to start a new thread regarding our Bluffing Game rules, which seem to get more intricate as the games proceed!

1) The wordmaster posts the word, in a new thread and labelling it as "Bluffing Game - word," asking people to PM (or email) him/her their daffynitions, allowing about a week, give or take a few days. A nudge is usually required. About 6 definitions are average.

2) The wordmaster posts the definitions, and people will post their guesses. Again, give the guessers up to a week, and yet another nudge may be required. About 6 guesses are average.

3) If a guesser knows the definition, please don't post it as your daffynition. Make up a good one, and you will get your points when you guess the correct answer.

4) If the wordmaster gets daffynitions that are very similar to the real definition, he/she may want to ask those who submitted them to change their definitions.

5) Points = 3 for posting a word where no one gets the correct answer; 2 for getting the right answer; 1 for fooling people with your daffynition.

6) The wordmaster posts the results and may update the score. If he/she doesn't want to update the scores, I am happy to. The wordmaster might also recommend the next wordmaster.

7) If you choose your own daffynition, it goes without saying that you don't get a point for that.

8) [This rule was added on 6/10/04 after Hab's game.] Each wordmaster is allowed to post 2 daffynitions. The wordmaster will then get 1 point each time a wordcrafter chooses his/her daffynition.

9) It is not acceptable to look up the word, of course. However, you also are not allowed to use a dictionary in any way, even in refining your definition. The latter part of this rule has been debated on both sides, and personally I don't agree with it. However, when a couple people on the chat said that using a dictionary might lead to cheating, I think we must change that rule. I would hate for anyone to think that cheating is going on in this game.

10) THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE HERE IS: Have fun! Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalleh,
July 09, 2004, 07:45
<Asa Lovejoy>
Ragarding your last point, Kalleh, you DO mean "consult a dictionary" for indirect etymological help with the word, don't you? Were we to directly just look it up, that would spoil the whole point of the game!
July 09, 2004, 07:45
<Asa Lovejoy>
quote:
Originally posted by Asa Lovejoy:
Ragarding point #9, Kalleh, you DO mean "consult a dictionary" for indirect etymological help with the word, don't you? Were we to directly just look it up, that would spoil the whole point of the game!

July 09, 2004, 09:56
Kalleh
Asa, I meant using a dictionary to refine the daffynition. Yes, of course looking up the word itself defeats the purpose. I will change it accordingly...and thanks for that clarification!

I think it is funny to look at our intricate rules here. We are sticklers, aren't we! Big Grin
July 24, 2004, 11:32
Kalleh
After significant discussion on our chat today, I have changed rule number 9 above. Please note that it is no longer acceptable to use a dictionary to refine your daffynition.

Thanks for adhering to the rules! Smile