Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Bluff game part 3
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluff game part 3 Login/Join

Picture of Chris J. Strolin
posted Hide Post
Whatever happened to the scores here? I think we should subtract a point from the score of whomever promised to post them for not doing so promptly.

(In other words, I've given up hope of ever besting Arnie in this competition but am fighting tooth and nail for second place.)

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Okay...okay...I will try to reconstruct the points. However, if I make a mistake, folks, I demand a release from any lawsuit! Wink This wasn't easy!

Arnie - 33
Kalleh - 18
Asa - 18 (grrrr!)
CJ - 17.5 (too close for comfort!)
KHC - 13.5
Bob - 11
Jerry - 9
Shu - 6
WinterBranch - 4
Wordnerd - 3
jheem - 2
Tinman - 2
Hab - 1

Those of you with the fewest points, you need to play more! I added points from Asa's word, and my word, to the points that CJ had posted. However, I am slightly skeptical of CJ's summary of points. How is it we get half points?

Shall we continue with a new word? Tinman, are you around? We'd really love a word from you!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tinman...Come closer, we know you need WD-40!

Hab... we all need new hats!

Which one of you will take over Bluff Game?

Come on.. it's fun..and both of you could use a few points..Smile

Posts: 3737 | Location: Georgia, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I've sent Tinman a private message. If he doesn't appear, I will begin to harrass poor Hab. Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
However, I am slightly skeptical of CJ's summary of points. How is it we get half points?

We've been over this! Asa kindly and generously awarded me 1 1/2 points early on when my made-up definition was eerily close to the actual definition.

And the last time I summarized the points was almost a month ago when, you'll notice, I had dropped to a weak 4th place and was fading fast.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
We've been over this! Asa kindly and generously awarded me 1 1/2 points early on when my made-up definition was eerily close to the actual definition.
Oh, I don't recall that, and of course I don't agree with it. After all, there have been several close definitions. However, I will leave the points as is. And, KHC's half-point? Just curious.

posted Hide Post
Kalleh,
I have back-tracked, and see no record of my 0.5 point... Oh, well, I'll accept it...Smile

Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chris J. Strolin posted Wed Apr 14th, 2004 10:29

Here, in alphabetical order, are the choices for _"June pink"_

<snip>

I'm judging KHC's guess to be close enough to the real thing to award her an additional 1 1/2 points half credit.

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Kaleh, you may have my 18 points IF you'll just start a whole new game, WITH rules that you want. It appears that the ones I started with went in the privvy along with my ability to make the board work! Confused

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kalleh has graciously asked me to submit the next word, and KHC has provided WD-40 to keep me limber. As I understand it, I submit a word, you send in definitions, I post the definitions in about a week, then you try to guess the right definition. A week later I repost the definitions, this time with who provided them, who guessed them, and who was right. Someone else can keep score. As far as I'm concered, everyone on this Board is a winner.

The word is sprag. Send me your definitions by private message and I will post them next Wednesday.

Tinman

Posts: 2878 | Location: Shoreline, WA, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Squeaky Tinman,

I cannot private post... give me your email address, and I'll send you my (correct) definition. Thanks. KHC

My email is khcharb@juno.com

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
KHC, I am coming to Atlanta to fix your computer! Wink

Kaleh, you may have my 18 points IF you'll just start a whole new game, WITH rules that you want. It appears that the ones I started with went in the privvy along with my ability to make the board work!

Asa, you started this wonderful thread that we all love! I am truly sorry if I have been too critical and offended you. It's just my competitiveness coming out! Roll Eyes

I will keep my big mouth shut!

Thanks, Tinman, for doing the next word. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I've received only five definitions for sprag so far. Send me a few more so I can post them Wednesday. I'm pretty sure C.J. will send something in. What about the rest of you? Surely you can think of something.

Tinman

posted Hide Post
Done and done.

My original entry was in limerick form but then I realized that this would very likely tip my hand so I rewrote it in prose.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
You should have one from me by now too.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Bob and C.J.,I have your entries. Anyone else? Last call! I'll post the definitions tomorrow afternoon.

Tinman

posted Hide Post
sent one by PM...

Posts: 6270 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Aha, we've got you, Hab! Will you pretty please with sugar be our next WordMaster? Thanks!