Wordcraft Community Home Page
Limerick Game: Kohler

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/410600694/m/9640005196

June 04, 2018, 19:39
Kalleh
Limerick Game: Kohler
Shu's word for the next limerick game is Kohler, Wisconsin. We have spent many a weekend at the wonderful American Club in Kohler. Here is their story - 130 years ago they provided immigrants with a place to stay while they worked at the Kohler factory. Today, those rooms have become a fabulous hotel, and of course it has grown and grown. They now have a world class golf course and much more. When we first started going, the rooms were $99/night. It's much more than that now, to be sure.

So - Kohler it is!
June 05, 2018, 14:01
Geoff
I've taken many a poop in Kohler toilets. They also build small engines which used to be excellent. Now they more resemble their crappers.
June 05, 2018, 20:05
Kalleh
So - you have plenty of ammunition for this limerick then. Wink Get to it!
June 07, 2018, 09:04
Geoff
In Toto, I have no Kohlers: I have a potty for baby food; I have Gerbers! (Really!)
June 12, 2018, 19:54
Kalleh
I have one measly limerick. How about a few others, folks (and thanks, Geoff!)?
June 13, 2018, 16:37
Geoff
Measly??? My limerick is MEASLY!?!?!? It ain't got no stinkin' measles!
June 15, 2018, 19:48
Kalleh
I meant "measly" by I only had one. Sorry, Geoffrey!

I now have three measly limericks. Come on, folks. The more the merrier! And, Greg, if you are tuning in, we'd like one from you. I know that Sattva has been under the weather, but how about Bethree? Bob? Proof? Who else?
June 16, 2018, 06:04
Geoff
I'll try to write - or wrong - another one.
June 19, 2018, 09:03
Geoff
I've not excreted a second one, but I did find this: https://nathanieltapley.com/20...-died-on-the-toilet/
June 19, 2018, 19:07
bethree5
Wow what an amazing-looking spot!

Just emerging from a 2-wk virus, will give this a go tomorrow.
June 19, 2018, 20:51
sattva
What syllable is stressed in Kohler? Sometimes, I am not sure that I can tell.
June 20, 2018, 08:33
Geoff
B35 and Sattva, glad to see you're both on the mend!!! I was ill for a month with a respiratory virus on top of my usual asthma. Such fun! I've found that breathing is not an option

KO-ler is how I've always heard it.
June 20, 2018, 19:30
Kalleh
Yay, Sattva! Good to see you. I am hoping you'll be able to write one. Kohler rhymes with molar.

I've received some good ones, not a lot, but that's okay.

I'll wait a few more days. Got yours Bethree. Thanks!
June 21, 2018, 07:13
Geoff
I scent another stinker, but it ended up in Sheboygan.
June 21, 2018, 18:46
haberdasher
(To pre-empt any thought of using Sheboygan as our next challenge, let me use up the available rhymes here and now)

A mathematician named Eugen
Is now rotting in jail in Sheboygan.
'Cause it didn't add up
When the arrogant pup
Tried to hold up a bar with a toygun.
June 22, 2018, 02:05
BobHale
Is the r sounded? Because in my accent molar rhymes with cola but I'm guessing that's not true for you. Could you provide the IPA?

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
June 22, 2018, 05:43
Geoff
quote:
Originally posted by BobHale:
Is the r sounded? Because in my accent molar rhymes with cola but I'm guessing that's not true for you. Could you provide the IPA?
Since I don't drink IPA, I'll only say that the "r" in Kohler is sounded as the "r" in "ready." But really, Bob, does it matter? Your accent may produce better rhymes!
June 22, 2018, 20:40
sattva
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
quote:
Originally posted by BobHale:
Since I don't drink IPA, I'll only say that the "r" in Kohler is sounded as the "r" in "ready." But really, Bob, does it matter? Your accent may produce better rhymes!

I agree. I saw a couple of videos where it was pronounced different from what Kalleh said, more like rhyming with sir at the end instead of molar. Should we just be more lenient? Btw, I don't know if I will finish any. I have spent every day this week either in dialysis or at a doctor's and I just haven't felt like doing much of anything but listening to books and talks.
June 23, 2018, 05:33
Geoff
Sorry to hear you're still doing so poorly, but happy to see you here!

I hope you can come up with one!
June 23, 2018, 21:49
Kalleh
Yes, Bob, we will be lenient.

I have 8 now. Sattva, I'll give it until tomorrow night, hoping you can come up with something. But if you can't, maybe next time? And you can vote anyway.
June 24, 2018, 13:47
sattva
Hi Kalleh,
Working on a couple of them. I will get them to you in a few hours.
June 24, 2018, 19:30
Kalleh
Got them! Thanks so much.
June 24, 2018, 19:35
sattva
Your welcome so much!