Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Stories from Summer School I
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stories from Summer School I Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
One of the 13 year old Japanese girls in my class developed a bit of a crush on me. At the awards ceremony she came up to me and said sadly "I don't want to go home. I want to stay here with you." Naturally I answered that her parents were waiting for her in Japan and that they'd be very sad and cry a lot if she didn't go home. She looked at me and said "But my parents aren't love me."
Taken aback I answered "Oh, I'm sure that's not right."
She looked crestfallen and then brightened slightly and answered.

"My parents DON'T love me."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobHale,

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Sweet, and sad, too. I hope she was just being teen-dramatic. Poor girl, going all the way back to Japan with a broken heart. *sighs*

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of the 13 year old Japanese girls in my class developed a bit of a crush on me.

Aww, Bob, I can see why! Wink

There probably isn't a more rewarding career than teaching.

I hope you are right, CW, that she was just being dramatic.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I had a 12-year old student (the headmaster's daughter as it happens) develop a crush on me once. Mind you, I was a 12-year old student at the same school at the time...

Strange to think she'll be drawing her pension now!

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard English:
I had a 12-year old student (the headmaster's daughter as it happens) develop a crush on me once. Mind you, I was a 12-year old student at the same school at the time...

Strange to think she'll be drawing her pension now!

And there you hit the problem squarely on the head. No-one within twenty years of my own age (either way) ever seems to develop a crush on me.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post