Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    An old joke but an apposite one
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An old joke but an apposite one Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
I just saw a clip on YouTube of an American Senator saying people shouldn’t take the vaccine because God designed our immune system and by taking the vaccine we are saying we know better than God. It reminded me of a joke I was told years ago by a Mormon friend.

In a small town there was a terrible rainstorm and the river banks burst causing the whole town to be flooded. Most people got out but one man found himself trapped in his house by the rising water. So he knelt down and prayed to God to save him. As he was praying a man came by in a rowing boat and offered to take him to safety. He shook his head and said “I trust in the Lord to save me.” The water continued to rise and he was forced to go upstairs to continue praying. As he prayed a man in a motor boat stopped outside his window and offered to take him to safety. He shook his head again and repeated “I trust in the Lord to save me.” As the water rose further he climbed onto the roof to continue praying. A helicopter flew overhead and the pilot lowered a rope ladder but the man shook his head and repeated his words.
The water still kept rising and he drowned and died. In heaven he found himself standing in front of God.
“Lord,” he said, “Why did you forsake me?”
“Forsake you?” said God, “I sent you a rowing boat, a motor boat and a helicopter. Just how much more do you expect me to do?”

Seems to me to be the very same thing in the Senator’s mind.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobHale,

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Perfect! Big Grin

I have to admit, I haven't heard that one before. What just amazes me is that we have all had vaccines for decades, and, while there have been a few crazies since that stupid fake research came out in the Lancet, there has not been an outcry like this.

I am now hearing that it really isn't a vaccine because there can be breakthrough infections. Roll Eyes

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post